WiFi and 3G turned on together -> not good

PaulosV

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,
I'd like to share some experience with you that I'm having since some "recent" update on my Samsung Omnia 7, I'm hoping you might have the same issue.
Simply put - when WiFi and mobile data (3G, EDGE) are turned on together, a situation often happens that neither of them works properly. I am connected to the 3G network of my provider and concurrently to my WiFi network at home and I can't access the Internet! I must turn one off and then data start flowing again.

Tweeting with @WinPhoneSupport brought one thing: "go and exchange your phone". I didn't want to do that so I went deeper and searched the forums; for example, on our local forum (on Smartmania.cz), we have dozen of different devices of different manufacturers that have this issue! (Even a Lumia 800 or a Titan have this problem).

The @WinPhoneSupport has also asked me to ask my provider: so I've spoken with T-Mobile Czech; according to them, it is probably a SW glitch of WP7, they see nothing wrong in their systems.

Hard reset did not help. Can't revert to 7740 because the backup was corrupted.

Help! Anyone! :/

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i would send your phone in for repair or exchange .. 100% a problem..

not suppose to have that kind of problem

when connected to WIFI your 3G doesn't get used.
When WIFI is OFF then 3G gets used

not suppose to be fighting for a connecting between WIFI and 3G...and that is what seems to be happening.

:straight:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
As it affects other devices (experienced this on my 900 and Radar) its definitely pointing to an OS issue. Not much you can do apart from not use both at the same time.

PaulosV

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@ N8ter: Several times, the last time I tried it, it didn't even work properly (connected but 3G data not flowing). And I've already seen some reports that Internet Sharing could cause this, however I needed it so I turned it on.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Been running data and WiFi on my L900 since the day I got it, with (nearly) no problems. I turn off WiFi occasionally to test LTE speeds and the phone works fine.

Last week I did have a situation where I was out of WiFi range and although LTE showed a strong signal, I had no data. Toggled Airplane mode and all was good again.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos