The reviews are in, the pureview is crushing the competition, holds its own (and even exceeds in some aspects) against actual cameras

check it out:
    Shootout: Nokia 808 PureView vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 - Mobile Phones - CNET - CNET Asia
    Nokia 808 PureView Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Its an amazing phone, just held back by Symbian (although I genuinely like Symbian). Imagine pureview on WP8, it would crush the competition
    06-15-2012 10:39 AM
    It would be cool and still easier than carrying a separate camera. But I would honestly like to see a version that doesn't add so much bulk and look so ugly. And I hope they use machined aluminum or something similar instead of chrome so we can keep our mind off of scratches.
    06-15-2012 10:42 AM
    It would be cool and still easier than carrying a separate camera. But I would honestly like to see a version that doesn't add so much bulk and look so ugly. And I hope they use machined aluminum or something similar instead of chrome so we can keep our mind off of scratches.
    I guess I'm the only one who is tired of the boxy slab phones and likes the look, especially with the curved screen.
    JD Miles likes this.
    06-15-2012 12:00 PM
    I guess I'm the only one who is tired of the boxy slab phones and likes the look, especially with the curved screen.
    This. I would be fully content if Nokia threw the physical buttons from the 710 under the screen and replaced the SOC and OS and sold it as a mango device. I would buy the red one.
    06-15-2012 01:18 PM
    No, I am too. I originally thought the Pureview was ugly, but it has really grown on me. If they put WP8 on that thing, I would be at the store on launch day.
    06-15-2012 01:22 PM
    "However, once the PureView Pro technology is brought to the Windows Phone platform, we would say the smartphone-OS big boys had better watch their backs."

Pretty much says it all. :D
    06-15-2012 01:40 PM
    I am very interested in pureview too. Carrying that phone around would definitely get some WP attention.
    06-15-2012 07:02 PM
    My girl is a photographer and would love a pureview camera. Could be a christmas gift it Nokia releases a pureview WP this year.
    06-15-2012 07:20 PM
    @MobieChick posted this to facebook earlier on Friday (before the proverbial sheet hit the fan)
    Guess who got to take a peak at the ‪#WP‬ w/a 41MP camera at ‪#SXSW‬? :) ‪#PureView‬ ‪#MoreMobie‬ ‪#Nokia‬ pic.twitter.com/cWhtrLzI

That ain't your standard Pureview.
    06-16-2012 04:10 AM
    @MobieChick posted this to facebook earlier on Friday (before the proverbial sheet hit the fan)

Click to view quoted image

That ain't your standard Pureview.
    Man, I hope that's legit. If they release it in red I'm on it. ****, they could release it in polycarbonate puke green and it'd still be my next phone!
    06-16-2012 08:53 AM
    I'm even more excited by the "Rich Recording" technology that comes with it. Just... WOW!

06-16-2012 11:20 AM
    I'm even more excited by the "Rich Recording" technology that comes with it. Just... WOW!

Ok that video seriously gave me goose bumps...
    06-16-2012 11:57 AM

Awesome! I can't wait for that to come to WP! Add a pureview camera and Rich Recording to WP7.5 and I'll buy it with no other changes!
    06-16-2012 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD