Heart inside battery meter?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
So I was inside the Battery Saver section in the Settings menu, looking at my 3 days 16 hours of battery life remaining since the last charge, 9 hours previous :happy:

The remaining time then went up to 3 days 21 hours while the screen was on, then the time remaining changed from white to my accent color.

Went back to the home screen, saw this:

heartbattery.jpg

Search on this site is currently broken...what does this mean? It's on my 900, by the way. Using WP since October, haven't ever seen it.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep it means it's in Battery Saver mode. In this mode there are no background tasks or push notifications but it extends the life of your battery while it's dying (it's very helpful IMO)

You can shut it off in settings.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
that will usually come on automatically as battery gets low too.. means the phone is showing the battery some love

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
There are actually two toggles. The top one (which can be on all the time) will kick in Battery Saver when the battery level drops below 20% (at least on my L900 and Surround). Te second toggle will turn on Battery Saver immediately, and remain on till you plug your phone into a power source (PC or AC). Both toggles do the same thing; disable all external (tasks requiring a call to the Internet) Background Tasks, push notifications and turns off email sync. Internal background tasks, those that check locally on your phone, ie. Network Dashboard, Clever To Do, will continue to run.

Oh, btw, the remaining time in Battery Meter is only an guesstimate. For example, I used my non-SIM Surround yesterday to play music via BT for about 4 hours, and when I turned Battery Meter back on it said 6 hours remaining although I was at 55%. With no data,WiFi, BT or syncing, that 55% could last me a couple days. But as I just used my phone for 4 hours straight, Battery Saver was trying to think for me. So don't pay much attention to the numbers unless you have a very standard routine every day.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Aha, yes...somehow the second toggle was checked. I always have the 20% option checked. Some of the icons WP uses are so funny...like how the vibrate one looks like bacon :p

On the topic of battery life vs estimated remaining, I am getting 2 days of use on this Nokia routinely, although I'm a fairly light user. Cellular data off unless I'm using it, WiFi always on. The screen is on quite often, however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12