need help...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
my trophy wont update to 8107. and my dissapearing keyboard is drivng me crazy. im running 7720 but zune says im up to date, how do i force this update?

verizon is no help, of course

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Search the WP Central main page for 8107 update. The instructions worked perfectly. The kb was also driving me nuts on my Surround and I did the update a couple weeks before the L900 was released. It was a pleasure to type on my phone again.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You know very well that it's his carrier holding back (not releasing) the update. So this isn't a HTC Vs. Samsung thing. :p

I've honestly had all the updates perfectly for my HTC WP7 devices. Only time they haven't (that I know of), it's been because of carrier blocking (WiFi tethering) something, or not releasing till next release (Verizon, and AT&T I believe).

EDIT: Just checked Verizon, you should be having the 8107 update for the Trophy, so not sure why it's not updated yet. http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/trophy.pdf

LOL , yeah I know ;)

me an Dizzy pretty much had Inside joke / WAR going on between HTC and Samsung from like the beginning. LOL. I was just pulling his strings ;)

I know that SOME Samsung phones I think are still waiting on this update as well.

but chances are with TANGO coming in a few Dayz/weeks every one should be up to date!!!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
yes verizon has had the 8107 out since april! my old trophy updated to it no problem. however with this trophy, zune thinks i am up to date on 7720. verizon doesnt have any advice because the update is done through zune, not OTA. so they transferred me to htc, htc also had no idea why zune wouldnt update my phone, and reccommended that i reach out to zune support. which there is no zune support anymore... so i have 2 options, either wait for another update, which there is a good chance this trophy wont see one, or force the update.

im leaning towars forcing the update, just trying to figure out if it is worth all that work... plus some people on 8107 seem to have other issues, like random reboots...

and just for arguments sake, att never did push 8107 out for the 1st gen focus , did they? :p
so that being said, once again htc shows continued support, whereas samsung fails yet again! muahahahaha!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
did you try FORCING the update like on MANGO see if that works???? very easy , connect your phone click on check for update , unplug internet for 3-5 sec re-plug . BOOM update available..

but that will only work if your carrier actually pushed it out.

and just for arguments sake, att never did push 8107 out for the 1st gen focus , did they?
so that being said, once again htc shows continued support, whereas samsung fails yet again! muahahahaha!!!!

that's why im in Canada :D lol i got it on my first Gen :) Rogers is like AT&T but they actually support updates for phones they sale.. ROLF. ;)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
im leaning towars forcing the update, just trying to figure out if it is worth all that work... plus some people on 8107 seem to have other issues, like random reboots...

I'm having random reboots, but that's easier to live with than the disappearing keyboard. I was ready to switch to a different platform because of the keyboard. I don't like the rebooting, but it shuts down and reboots pretty quickly, so it isn't as painful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12