What is the truth on Windows Phone?

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am an avid fan of the WP operating system. I want it to succeed and follow new on it closely. However, I never feel like I know what is going on. Half of the articles I read say all is well and market share is growing, albeit slower than many would like. The other half say all is not well and WP is standing on a precipice. I wish Microsoft would publish definitive numbers to settle things. How can we find out what the truth is when there is so much noise? It is frustrating to get so much conflicting information.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The realy real numbers are only the ones companys put out at the end of each Q.
We need to wait till the end of Q2 to see Nokia results.
Only that will be a true indicator if WP7 is selling...

As to M$ beeing quiet I agree...
Not much hype on WP7 and not much going on realy.
I've decided I'm gona wait till WP8, if that dosen't do it then im jumping ship...as a developer.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I am an avid fan of the WP operating system. I want it to succeed and follow new on it closely. However, I never feel like I know what is going on. Half of the articles I read say all is well and market share is growing, albeit slower than many would like. The other half say all is not well and WP is standing on a precipice. I wish Microsoft would publish definitive numbers to settle things. How can we find out what the truth is when there is so much noise? It is frustrating to get so much conflicting information.

You get frustrated not knowing how much market share WP has?

Dude - relax. How is that even relevant to your daily life? Do you work for Microsoft?

Microsoft isn't publishing definitive numbers because, right now, they're bad. If MS had good news about WP7 numbers, they'd be posting it all over the net. Look at how Google and Apple brag about their market penetration. MS will give us numbers when there's some positive news.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You can't wait two days to see what microsoft announces on the 20th?!!!!

:D

I can wait to hear what MSFT says on the 20th. I just don't know if they will address those kinds of questions. I am anticipating a lot of information about features that will be available in WP8 rather than current competitive status. Hopefully, they will shed some light.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You get frustrated not knowing how much market share WP has?

Dude - relax. How is that even relevant to your daily life? Do you work for Microsoft?

Microsoft isn't publishing definitive numbers because, right now, they're bad. If MS had good news about WP7 numbers, they'd be posting it all over the net. Look at how Google and Apple brag about their market penetration. MS will give us numbers when there's some positive news.

As a consumer of current events, I do get frustrated with so much conflicting information because I want an accurate viewpoint. Not debilitatingly frustrated and I don't hold MSFT responsible for that.

As far as the relevance in my daily life, it is not a top tier event and I don't work for MSFT. But I am an enthusiast for the platform so I pay attention more than the average person. I am also biased toward the platform and have a hunger for good news.

I believe you are correct that numbers are not being published because they are not good. If that is being done to hide the truth, I believe it is ineffective because most will construe the silence as bad. So why not just put the facts out there? More than likely, MSFT is concerned about antagonistic bloggers trashing Windows Phone even more and I can appreciate that. Time will tell. Until then, I do enjoy the user experience daily and that is the most important thing. The absence of market share data does not affect that.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
When the numbers do come out for WP in the US from after the 900 launch, I think they're going to be pretty good.

That being said, I don't care all that much what they are.

I want the best integrated computer experience across all "3 screens", I can afford. That rules out Apple for cost and Android 'cause it's a fraggy steaming pile.

That is MS's goal as well. It doesn't matter what the numbers are, MS is not abandoning the smallest screen any time soon. They've been working towards Win8 for a long time, and they have a vision, and they've got the cash to see that vision come to fruition.

I'm goin' along for the ride baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire