WP8 and Windows 8

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing no one has the answer since I haven't seen anything about it but it can't hurt to ask. Apps written for metro are going to be able to be ran on both ARM and Intel W8 tablets. Is Microsoft going to set it up where apps could be coded once and ran on both tablets along with WP8? Also, It would be awesome if the new xbox is able to run the same apps.

occer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing no one has the answer since I haven't seen anything about it but it can't hurt to ask. Apps written for metro are going to be able to be ran on both ARM and Intel W8 tablets. Is Microsoft going to set it up where apps could be coded once and ran on both tablets along with WP8? Also, It would be awesome if the new xbox is able to run the same apps.
Maybe can run on WP but not Xbox 360. xbox 360 supports no upper Api.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the next Xbox running WP or WinRT apps. It would seriously annoy a large amount of OEMs, as one could simply buy an Xbox instead of a new computer.

Though.... I'd love it if it could, it's been a fantasy of mine. MS hardware all around for the MS ecosystem.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the next Xbox running WP or WinRT apps. It would seriously annoy a large amount of OEMs, as one could simply buy an Xbox instead of a new computer.

Though.... I'd love it if it could, it's been a fantasy of mine. MS hardware all around for the MS ecosystem.

I would agree it won't run Windows 8. I would like the apps to be compatible though.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I think/hope that Microsoft no longer cares about annoying OEMs. Last night's Surface announcement shows that Microsoft can build amazing hardware on their own. And let's face it, the OEMs need that kick-in-the-butt from Daddy every now and then.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the transparency between which platforms will have what, really comes down to what they are designed for. While the Xbox is continuing to have more and more available apps, I just don't see an overload of apps in the future. Whereas Win8+WP8, there will a huge trade off because of apps that are very similar and can run in both phone form and tablet form (like the iPhone and iPad).

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, It would be awesome if the new xbox is able to run the same apps.

The leaked Xbox.Next document suggested that it, like WP8, would have a Windows 8 base. I don't think any of the platforms will run identical apps because it doesn't make sense, but developers should be able to use almost everything but the UI.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see all the platforms running the exact same apps. But I can see a scenario where it would be very easy to port apps to different form factors in the same ecosystem. So once the main app is made, in a matter of days there could be versions running on other form factors.

But I think we'll likely see some customized apps that are neat by themselves, but become totally awesome when you have their companion apps on other devices. I suppose that's what SmartGlass is all about.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't see all the platforms running the exact same apps. But I can see a scenario where it would be very easy to port apps to different form factors in the same ecosystem. So once the main app is made, in a matter of days there could be versions running on other form factors.

But I think we'll likely see some customized apps that are neat by themselves, but become totally awesome when you have their companion apps on other devices. I suppose that's what SmartGlass is all about.
To Winning Guy: Holy s***! Am I seeing a AIM user in the wild in this day and age??? I thought they were extinct!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99