Live Tiles not working. Help

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a att titan 2 unlocked for tmobile. It worked great for about 2 weeks. No MMS and only edge though. No big deal since I have a WiFi hotspot. Anyway after working great for about 2 weeks my live tiles want update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but they just want work. Anybody know what I can do? I really don't wanna do a master reset. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
- Could you name the specific apps? Will make it easier to work out if it's a problem with specific apps, and if so how to resolve those issues.
- Have you check the settings of each app? Make sure you turn on settings like "enable Live Tile" or "run background task".
- Have a look in Settings -> applications -> background tasks to see if the background tasks that update the tiles are running.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
There are certain apps that have issued with live tiles . Weather Bug for example is one of them. Are all of your live tiles not working or just a few this could make a difference.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
USAToday, wpcentral, Engadget, fox, HTC hub,etc.
The settings are right in the app. I've tried turning off live tile powering off and turning back on. I tried deleting app and reinstalling.
Under settings I disabled everything and powered off. I then went under settings and turned them back on and still my live tiles want work.
I couldn't find that thread. If somebody has a link I'd appreciate it.
I've got a HD7 that is a clone of my titan 2 and it's working great. I mean if you go down my apps page they are 100% identical. Also my Titan 2 was working great for about 2 weeks before it quit working right. I just hate to do a reset because it took me about 2 days to download all my apps and set them up. Plus all my favorites I had to put in my browser.
Thanks

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Remember that an app will automatically disable its Background Task if you don't open it for 14 days. Go to Settings>Applications>Background Tasks and see which tasks are running. If not already checked, toggle turn on background task the next time I run this app. Then open the app.

Note that some Background Tasks can take up to 24 hours to refresh the first time. And you MUST have a continuous Data connection for them to work.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Remember that an app will automatically disable its Background Task if you don't open it for 14 days. Go to Settings>Applications>Background Tasks and see which tasks are running. If not already checked, toggle turn on background task the next time I run this app. Then open the app.

Note that some Background Tasks can take up to 24 hours to refresh the first time. And you MUST have a continuous Data connection for them to work.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

I know and have done all that. Like I mentioned I have a hd7 that is 100% identical and running fine. I guess I'll do a reset.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I've just noticed this bug with my titan as well. Apps that rely on background tasks are not working such as BBC, Engadget, HTC Hub...
Apps that rely on notifications work fine, Kik, Whatsapp etc.
Tried uninstalling, repining, restarting the phone and the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo