Kudos to MS for a Big Week

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
As both a consumer and a senior developer of Microsoft based products, I have to give a lot of credit to Microsoft this week. This has definitely been a big week for Microsoft and a good sign for things to come. Looking at the bigger picture you can truly see what Ballmer said awhile back is definitely true (when he talked about how they had the bigger, longer term picture in mind and would lead frog ahead tech wise).

What Microsoft has done Monday and today (or at least announced) will be the opening of the flood gates. Two years from now we will be in a much different world.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing i disagree with on microsoft's strategy this week is the fact that these hyped up announcements are so far ahead of the actual release.

this gives the competitors time to evaluate and adjust, and come out with something better in the mean time.

doing an announcement, maybe a month in advance at the most is fine. but come on, announcing the surface pro which won't come out until 2013? that's a good 6 months away. something will definetely be better by then.

then wp8, a good 4 months away. apple will be coming out with the iphone 5 by then and who knows what they have up their sleeve for that.

the fact that MS is so far behind does hurt a bit, but i think if they take apple's strategy of "hype up this 'event', announce a great product, and let people order right away" they would sell much better than teasing us for 6 months until something better comes out.

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
One thing you need to keep in mind is all of these companies (Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, etc.) are not turning around devices as fast as you think. The development and manufacturing and R&D process for every device is a long, drawn out process. There is absolutely no way a company can see Microsoft's announcement and think "Ought oh, we need to do something completely different, immediately, and beat Microsoft to it". It just doesn't work that way.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yaya finally a good thread...

im so sick of all does Idiots reading BLOGS and thinking they are now expert in the Mobile world and then go on 5pages of RENTS saying MS are stupid....

MS does whats best for the company .. not the 2% user base that gave them a peanut bonus for Xmas....

the big problem is people are SELF CENTERED! .. if THEY dotn get what THEY want .. its the end of the world.... but they dont relies that 50k people doesn't even count for 0.001% of the rest of the world....

just like all the members on this site dont even count for 1% of WP users... so why the **** should we feel so important?????? we are not!

its all about Numbers.....

The only thing i disagree with on microsoft's strategy this week is the fact that these hyped up announcements are so far ahead of the actual release.

this gives the competitors time to evaluate and adjust, and come out with something better in the mean time.

how so? they only gave us 8 features out of HUNDREDS, ,, they dint give anything to the competitors except new screen res , new UI .. dual-core.. etc..... nothing we ditn already know..

al lwe really found out so far is.. first/second GEN Wp wont get WP8....

Satchef1

May 2, 2012
Visit site

doing an announcement, maybe a month in advance at the most is fine. but come on, announcing the surface pro which won't come out until 2013? that's a good 6 months away. something will definetely be better by then.

then wp8, a good 4 months away. apple will be coming out with the iphone 5 by then and who knows what they have up their sleeve for that.

the fact that MS is so far behind does hurt a bit, but i think if they take apple's strategy of "hype up this 'event', announce a great product, and let people order right away" they would sell much better than teasing us for 6 months until something better comes out.

I think they're counting on better WP8 tablets. It strikes me that surface is a "This is what we expect. It's coming in Q1 2013. Better it, or be prepared to lose sales." sort of move. Selling a lot of Surface units isn't the priority; setting the OEMs a target is the motive here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12