Nokia Lumia 900 on Straight talk

mchakri001

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I bought Nokia Limia 900 from ATT (without Contract) and want to use that with Straight talk service.

1) Do I have to get the phone unlocked, ATT gave unlock codes to any one yet?
2) I tried to use a SIM from IPHONE, I was able to place calls. But, Data is not working. Are there any issues like this with Straight Talk SIM?

Thanks in advance!

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I bought Nokia Limia 900 from ATT (without Contract) and want to use that with Straight talk service.

2) I tried to use a SIM from IPHONE, I was able to place calls. But, Data is not working. Are there any issues like this with Straight Talk SIM?
Not sure about Straight Talk but I do know that on AT&T, the iphone data plan will "NOT" work with a Lumia 900.

I had to switch to the specific 4G LTE data plan and now the Lumia 900 works great!

/BD :cool:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

1) Do I have to get the phone unlocked, ATT gave unlock codes to any one yet?

Thanks in advance!

1 and 2) You do not have to unlock it. Just get the smaller SIM card from Straight Talk. It works with the 900. All you have to do is edit the APN. If you go to Settings, click on "Cellular". There is a button that says "Edit APN." Under "APN," enter "att.mvno" All other fields leave blank. Your data will work wonderfully. Do note though that MMS will NOT work.

EDIT: If the iPhone you have uses the smaller SIM from Straight Talk already, that SIM will work just fine with the 900.

EDIT AGAIN: If you need any other info regarding the phone and Straight Talk, message me and I would be glad to help with it!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
1 and 2) You do not have to unlock it. Just get the smaller SIM card from Straight Talk. It works with the 900. All you have to do is edit the APN. If you go to Settings, click on "Cellular". There is a button that says "Edit APN." Under "APN," enter "att.mvno" All other fields leave blank. Your data will work wonderfully. Do note though that MMS will NOT work.

EDIT: If the iPhone you have uses the smaller SIM from Straight Talk already, that SIM will work just fine with the 900.

EDIT AGAIN: If you need any other info regarding the phone and Straight Talk, message me and I would be glad to help with it!
If you can edit your MMS settings you can get the service. The gateway is 66.209.11.33 port: 80 and the mmsc is the same as AT&T - http://mmsc.cingular.com

mchakri001

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you could yes but you can't until Nokia releases there app or 7.8 comes with the option available.
I read somewhere that Nokia pulled that app from market place earlier and going to release soon with some fixes. But, not a biggie for me.

I am more than happy as long as calls, text and data are working. I don't use MMS!!!!

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Nice.. I am thinking of going to Straight Talk.. I have two plans with ATT, and it's almost $200 a month.. going to Straight Talk, even with unlimited for both phones, will be less than half what I'm paying now.. That means I could get my daughter a line (I have a spare Samsung Focus), and STILL be paying less than what I'm paying now..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6