HELP - I guess I need to go back to iPhone

Dthiss

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
My situation is that I bought a Lumia 900 one month ago. After which I found out that I couldn't get my Corporate email and calendar on the phone due to the known reasons. I decided to keep the phone hoping that WP8 would give me back the encryption that
WP7.5 should already have. I can't find anything that says that WP7.8 will include the necessary encryption for me to get what I need. So AT&T's return policy is 30 days and tomorrow is 30 days for me. Unless someone can help me find info I have no choice to go back to my iPhone 4S. This does pain me as I really do love this phone. I don't really care about any of the other features of WP8, I simply need the encryption.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, definitely return it while you can if you're sure the encryption you need is not offered. That is the only practical decision to make here. Sorry.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with every one. Don't hold on because Microsoft didn't announce it and I wouldn't go by what any blog says, unless it's the Microsoft blog with an official announcement and release date.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to return it, try setting up your phone using IMAP or POP instead of exchange if all you need is email. I just found out POP works for my activesync account (which doesn't work with activesync.... (did on my WM6.x phone though)).

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My situation is that I bought a Lumia 900 one month ago. After which I found out that I couldn't get my Corporate email and calendar on the phone due to the known reasons. I decided to keep the phone hoping that WP8 would give me back the encryption that
WP7.5 should already have. I can't find anything that says that WP7.8 will include the necessary encryption for me to get what I need. So AT&T's return policy is 30 days and tomorrow is 30 days for me. Unless someone can help me find info I have no choice to go back to my iPhone 4S. This does pain me as I really do love this phone. I don't really care about any of the other features of WP8, I simply need the encryption.

I'd wait for a WP8 Nokia device. The iPhone 4S should still be worth quite a bit in the fall and should more than cover the price of a new WP8 Lumia.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Send it back and then return back to WP after the newer devices have come out. They are supposed to be more business friendly. Nothing wrong with iPhone and Droid, they all have their niche's and fill the bill in different ways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs