Annoyed by no upgrade, excited to purchase new phone (WP I'M HOOKED)

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I cannot speak for everyone else, but I got the Lumia 900 with the acceptance that I would probably have to buy a new phone off contract come this fall. Like many of you i'm a tech junkie and selling off my current phone to mitigate the cost the extra few hundred bucks will be well worth the 3 year wait for windows phone to climax and take center stage in the tech world.

Windows phone 8 along with surface and its PC counter part are going to be a major success. I measure success by grabbing a sizable portion of the market to warrant it being cemented at the third ecosystem next to Google and apple. It doesn't matter if it overtakes them.

I put my bets where the money is and Microsoft has more money then all them!

Who else is buying a new phone come the fall? Only thing i'm not sure of is if I'll get a Nokia phone again... probably!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im for SURE gona get a new WP8 this fall!!!

and try to sale my First Gen Focus for 50$ and put it towards a SURFACE! hehehe

honestly , im more exited about the new look of the Metro UI then anything. I love it and im gona start scrolling up and down again!! just like when i got my first WP7.. hehehe

so ether way id be happy :)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As much as I would love to, I'm not allowed to upgrade unless I trade in my old phone, and that's after having had the phone for 18-24 months (mum's orders). I've had it for 7 currently, so I could potentially be screwed over by this. Plus, I need to get a job so I can afford a trade-in. This is the only reason why I'm annoyed, if I was able to afford and was allowed to trade-up, I could probably just shrug it off.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
As much as I would love to, I'm not allowed to upgrade unless I trade in my old phone, and that's after having had the phone for 18-24 months (mum's orders). I've had it for 7 currently, so I could potentially be screwed over by this. Plus, I need to get a job so I can afford a trade-in. This is the only reason why I'm annoyed, if I was able to afford and was allowed to trade-up, I could probably just shrug it off.

So look at it this way, when your upgrade time comes around gen 2 WP8 phones will be out and all the people who bought gen 1 phones will be all jealous of your new phone!

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was already forced to pay full retail anyway because Verizon is making u switched to tiered data and lose ur unlimited data if uu upgrade so this doesn't really phase me i got the trophy now and was planning on paying full retail this fall works out fine for me

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So look at it this way, when your upgrade time comes around gen 2 WP8 phones will be out and all the people who bought gen 1 phones will be all jealous of your new phone!

Unfortunately (and what manufacturers are counting on) this might be why a lot of people get new phones!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn Board Express!

For the OP: Thank you for a sound and rational comment in these turbulent times.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Just give me "integrated" Skype support with 7.8 on my Lumia 900 and ill be happy till I'm eligible for my next upgrade (Aug 2013). By then WP8.5 should be out.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not currently on WP7, but my current phone was an upgrade back last Nov, so I'll have to pay full price for a WP8 device and plan to do it. Actually, I'll have to buy 2 cause the wife hates her current phone.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...anyone recently bought WP7.5 because they expecting WP8? I highly doubt it. If there were no announcement of WP8 I bet everyone would be happy with their purchase.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just curious...anyone recently bought WP7.5 because they expecting WP8? I highly doubt it. If there were no announcement of WP8 I bet everyone would be happy with their purchase.

That's me right there...Microsoft has been on good track to update their first gen devices. Plus with iOS and Android setting/spoiling the mobile platform update standard I was betting Microsoft wouldn't dare to pull something like this, and with just one major version iteration.

Palm announced they were redesigning their new WebOS, as well as RIM announcing redesigned BB10 in fear of losing potential current Blackberry shopper. However compare to what Microsoft did here those two company did it in consumer's favorite.

A lot of people argue here that you should shop smart. I agree, I looked at Microsoft update track record, I bet on Nokia's decision not to screw their new customers over for their high end phone, and I apparently lost the bet. Microsoft redesigning the platform, Nokia doesn't care you just bought the phone for 2 months. There was just no way to know. If you were buying a Blackberry 9900 now, yeah you expected to know what you are getting into.

Back to the topic, I know WP doesn't care losing one customer, but I'm done with WP. With the promise of WP8, future looks bright for Microsoft and WP8 adopters. However Microsoft jumped ship twice when I got lured into buying WM6.5 HTC Diamond2 and now Nokia Lumia. As a early adopter/power users I'll be lurking around here until I know there's no way to maximize the value of my Lumia then you guys won't see any more of my posts.

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hope you guys did the windows phone challenge..

I bought focus S for a penny knowing i would sell and get a 900. I got the 900 essentially for $150 after selling focus knowing i would PROBABLY get a wp8 phone since i didnt think 900 would get a full update. Since the 900 will get a semi update, i will wait and see if i can hold off with a 900 and use my $500 giftcard i got for losing the challenge to get a Surface!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos