People Are NEVER satisfied

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
we knew what to expect and honestly the summit made me realize one thing my next phone will be a windows phone 8.

people need to be more optimistic about the upgrade for legacy devices we heard rumors and info from sources saying they were using a new kernel at least were getting 7.8

m$ had to do this. nokia got the best of most of you guys with the hundred 100 price tag and its not like nokia wasn't pressured by the public to release a phone in the U.S.

as for the new home screen? cmon customization is great its what we needed the whole gutter thing being gone is great not all of us are right handed -_- this is more natural now nothing can be "cluttered" when all your using it squares and rectangles...

im excited to see all the fun quirks and enhancements to the OS now. so MS hasn't messed up nor should we be bitter about buying a windows phone now and not being able to upgrade them. soon we'll all have devices certified for a couple years some quad core hd monsters so look on the brighter side things are only getting better the media is watching m$ closely the balls in are court!

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am more than happy with this week what MS and it's partners have put out there for the consumers. It has been an epic week in the Windows camp. The amount of choices we get as Windows users is awesome. I am already dedicating a large sum of money for Windows stuff from now until the end of the year.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I might get backlashed on this, but whatever it's the internet.

Apple always has a new Product coming out, new update coming out. People receive those updates and they're happy with it. Some more than others, for me. When I heard that iOS 5 was going to receive a Voice Dictator. I was ecstatic! Finally, I can text and drive without worrying. Then, they said it was only coming out for the iPhone 4S, I had the iPhone 4, yes they had jailbreaks, but I don't like jailbreaking.

You go to the store and buy a iPhone and then they announce the iPhone 4S. "What the I just bought this one!" It's like that best buy commercial. The buy back program. If you don't want to not have the latest and greatest then go to a place that buys back your phone. People care about the updates and features, will probably go out on a limb to get the latest and greatest. Others who don't care, they deal with what they have until next time. Not everyone is going to care. We just want features, i'll take what I can get.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufw2D8oMJ64[/YT]

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Smart phone technology will change daily and with that be happy with what you have or put the cash out and buy what you want.. My trophy is great I see no need to upgrade at this time or complain that windows 8 is not coming to my device.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Why is there a perception that Lumia owners got duped. My Surround was 17 months old, and while is was (and still) works great, I was itching for a new phone. I did not want to wait another eight months, and possibly be disappointed with the available offerings.

I knew there were going to be new hardware features added to WP8, just like they were added to WP7 Gen2 (FFC, bigger processor, new GPU). And I realized that could mean some of the features related to that hardware would never make it to the L900. But none of that mattered. And while the price (and eventual credit) was a plus, I would have gladly paid $199 for the phone. Also, buying a Nokia is the right thing to do for the platform.

I love my phone, the same one I got on pre-launch day. And honestly, of the L900 was released today, knowing what I know now, I would have probably still bought one, cause I wouldn't want to wait 6 months for a new phone.

So go enjoy your Gen 1 WP8 phone. Sure, I will be slightly jealous (I like to be first in line) but, aide from the start screen, there is nothing else I really need out of WP8. Comes late winter, early spring, I will get the new phone itch again ad expect to see a second round of new phones to choose from. Its all good for business

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Face2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Great post I am a early adopter of wp7 my surround bit the bullet last month so I'm using my wife's old hd7s with a cracked screen. Now my wife has a lumia 900 and loves it and you know what she told me when I gave her the news her phone wouldn't get the full update she said i don't care she likes her phone. Now my wife is just an average consumer and doesn't keep up with the tech world like me she just wants it to work as advertised. Simply put enjoy your toys and play with them don't cry about what you don't have.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Why is there a perception that Lumia owners got duped. My Surround was 17 months old, and while is was (and still) works great, I was itching for a new phone. I did not want to wait another eight months, and possibly be disappointed with the available offerings.

I knew there were going to be new hardware features added to WP8, just like they were added to WP7 Gen2 (FFC, bigger processor, new GPU). And I realized that could mean some of the features related to that hardware would never make it to the L900. But none of that mattered. And while the price (and eventual credit) was a plus, I would have gladly paid $199 for the phone. Also, buying a Nokia is the right thing to do for the platform.

I love my phone, the same one I got on pre-launch day. And honestly, of the L900 was released today, knowing what I know now, I would have probably still bought one, cause I wouldn't want to wait 6 months for a new phone.

So go enjoy your Gen 1 WP8 phone. Sure, I will be slightly jealous (I like to be first in line) but, aide from the start screen, there is nothing else I really need out of WP8. Comes late winter, early spring, I will get the new phone itch again ad expect to see a second round of new phones to choose from. Its all good for business

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

I don't see how getting a Nokia is the right thing to do for the platform. I'm personally getting an HTC Accord when it comes out, until Nokia or other OEMS bundle sound enhancement software I will never consider or recommend one.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone following what was going on with WinPhone7.x from 2010 to 2011 knew that it was running on the CE kernel and there was no future for it. I bought my L900 in April knowing that there was no upgrade to WP8 and I'm willing to live with it. Either I'll wait the 18 months and get the upgrade price or pay full price sooner. It's my informed choice.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited for WP8 more than ever, I can see the Xbox history repeating itself with WP. The Xbox was a great console, superior to the PS2 but arrived late and suffered due to a small library of games and not having the big exclusives like GTA. The first console was a stop gap for the real deal. When the Xbox 360 came out 4 years after people were bitter because backward compatability was an issue. But the console went on to establish itself quickly as a great seller.

WP7 comes late to the party and suffers from not having a huge library of apps. Some big name apps are missing from the marketplace too. WP7 was a stop gap until the real deal. Wp8 arrives 2 years after and people are bitter that there is no backward compatability with their old phones. But Wp8 quickly becomes a huge seller.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Great post I am a early adopter of wp7 my surround bit the bullet last month so I'm using my wife's old hd7s with a cracked screen. Now my wife has a lumia 900 and loves it and you know what she told me when I gave her the news her phone wouldn't get the full update she said i don't care she likes her phone. Now my wife is just an average consumer and doesn't keep up with the tech world like me she just wants it to work as advertised. Simply put enjoy your toys and play with them don't cry about what you don't have.

My son is a simular story. He has a 1st gen Focus and loves it. He won't even think about changing phones, expecially now that I upgraded it to Mango a couple months ago.

I believe he is typical of most users. As long as his phone works for him he doesn't care what else is going on in the cell phone world.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Anyone following what was going on with WinPhone7.x from 2010 to 2011 knew that it was running on the CE kernel and there was no future for it. I bought my L900 in April knowing that there was no upgrade to WP8 and I'm willing to live with it. Either I'll wait the 18 months and get the upgrade price or pay full price sooner. It's my informed choice.

Same here. My 18 month early upgrade cylce will be next Aug 2013. Hopefully the Pureview WP8 comes out by then. We'll be sporting better WP8 phones while everyone else who waited, will still be on 1st gen WP8 phones. It's a never ending cycle. People just need to calm down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss