I am intrested in seeing if Fujitsu takes the windows 7 phone concept further

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, so around this time last year, Fujitsu released a windows 7 phone, the LOOX F-07C.
Fujitsu phone dual-boots Symbian, Windows 7 | Crave - CNET

full review here: Fujitsu LOOX F-07C review -- Engadget

Now it wasn't really good, but you got to give them credit for trying.

Duel booting Symbian and Windows 7 on a phone had potential, but it kind of fell flat, mainly because of hardware constraints.

I'm seriously hoping that Fujitsu takes this concept further, by releasing a windows 8 + windows phone 8 device. Add a dock, (like the Motorola atrix) and you can start taking my money!

It shouldn't be too hard to do, since windows phone 8 and windows 8 uses the same kernel. (just like how webtop and android ran on the same kernel for the atrix) And that since windows 8 is touch friendly and resolution independent, it wouldn't be uncomfortable to use.

And this is the windows phone 8 that I am waiting for.:cool:

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I see your point - interesting concept. The phone itself runs WP8 - but when you "plug it in" to the lapdock or tablet, it runs Windows 8 RT. Sort of like what the Padfone is.

It's a neat idea, and if the Padfone form factor/concept takes off in the States, I could see it happening. I wonder what an OEM would have to pay Microsoft in fees if it dual booted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077