No autofocus at all in video-mode? (HTC Titan)

iMlindberg

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I own an HTC Titan, and while I've never tried it on any other Windows Phone, there seem to be no autofocus in video at all, not even when you're not recording. Is this a bug or is it just generally something Windows Phones can not do?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It does focus, but the thing is it ONLY focuses when both the subject and the phone are still (like taking a still photo) so its pretty much useless because you won't be able to shoot sharp, clear video when you start shooting a subject near the camera and then switch to a wide view.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't get it focusing at all. Sometimes it does what you just said, but generally it just doesn't focus at all on anything. It's not blurry, it just won't focus on a single object. When taking a photo it does an awesome job, but the focusing seems to be a bug, since it works on every other platform.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It does focus, it works pretty much like as if you're taking a still photo in macro (that is if this is what you mean? Like focus on one object?) It just takes time adjusting and this is the problem with it. It takes time and position to adjust, like you have to hold the phone still and THEN it adjusts, not when you move it around. This is what HTC should fix about the camera, the trophy I had have a better focus adjustment both still and video capture.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It does focus, it works pretty much like as if you're taking a still photo in macro (that is if this is what you mean? Like focus on one object?) It just takes time adjusting and this is the problem with it. It takes time and position to adjust, like you have to hold the phone still and THEN it adjusts, not when you move it around. This is what HTC should fix about the camera, the trophy I had have a better focus adjustment both still and video capture.

Mine just doesn't focus, at all. It will keep the focus it had when switching from taking pictures, to shooting video, but it will never adjust in video-mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6