07-04-2012 01:52 PM
76 ... 234
tools
    Honestly, my phone has never felt obsolete. Ever since the WP8 announcement it just feels like it won't go anywhere else after 7.8, and with the Jelly Bean announcement, I honestly don't feel like my 7.5 phone is missing anything right now with all the apps I have and need. In other words, 7.5, to me, feels just as worth as any other OS that is coming out soon, but compared to the generation after that I wouldn't know.
    One thing I noticed though is after the WP8 announcement I think I'm noticing a few more quality apps coming about here and there, but the tension still has been a tug-o-war type of deal. We're seeing some good support from Nokia bringing higher quality apps, seeing more updates to key apps like Facebook, but on the opposing end, the media and some users are making it like 7.5 is already dead in the water.

One (but not the only) reason I went back to android was because of the free turn by turn navigation. It works so well. Why can't windows phone do this with Bing maps? I could do it on my old WinMo HTC Ozone, but I couldn't do it on the newer more advanced platform? Doesn't make sense. Hopefully this is one thing that will come with WP8 or I'm afraid MS will be left behind once again since Apple will have it on the new iPhone.
    I'm guessing they can't do this because of patents. It's obvious the code is there because it does gives us turn navigation but we have to activate each step with touching the screen instead of it detecting where we are. I think it just takes a simple flip of the switch for Microsoft to change the behavior, but again I think they won't to avoid patent issues. It was there for Bing on 6.5, but no one would bother with sueing them for that since that OS is EOL already.
    Last edited by sdreamer; 07-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    07-04-2012 01:52 PM
76 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD