How is T-Mobile in Chicago area?

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
My son is on my AT&T account, but we're looking at switching his Focus S to T-Mo and one of their monthly plans. First question, will his Focus S work ok on their network and secondly, how is the service here (southwest burbs of Chicago)? Thanks for your input.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the western 'burbs and I've been pretty pleased with t-mo's coverage for the most part (there are a few rather odd dead zones that I've found). Check the coverage maps on the t-mo website and you'll be able to get a pretty accurate picture of how good a connection he would be able to expect in your part of the Chicago area.

As for using a Focus S on the t-mo network... it should work but, I'm pretty sure you'd be limited to Edge (2g) speeds with it so, that might be an issue for him and would certainly need to be considered).

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey CaymanDreaming,

First thing you wana do is check the network that your Focus has and the one that the carrier has/ and see if they use the same frequency.

you can actually call T-mo and give your ESN/MEID/IMIE to a rep ont he phone and they can check if its compatible.

regarding the reception in Chicago , im not sure :p

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Just making sure I understand, if he went with a 710, he would have T-Mo 4G in our area, but if he stays with his Focus S he won't because T-Mo's 4G is different from AT&T.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well according to the latest PCMag study T-mobile was declared the fastest and most reliable network in the north central rural/suburban region. I myself have experienced better signals and speeds across Chicagoland than anything I've seen on sprint. So you won't be disappointed on that front and regarding the focus S it will only be EDGE until T-Mobile completes their rollout of HSPA/+ on the PCS band which should be in the colder months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium