Have a problem with my Focus Flash with Tango....

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So I used the disconnect internet trick and got Tango to install on my phone. Problem is, it stopped with the 3 updates and did not install (or find) the Samsung one that I know was supposed to be installed (for firmware), so my firmware is now 2103.11.10.1 instead of what it is supposed to be.

Does anyone know a way to force the OEM firmware to be sent to Zune. The internet disconnect trick isn't work now, so I'm stuck. Also, my backups aren't showing up, even though during the update process it said it was creating a backup (for all the OS updates it installed all the way up to 8773).

If there is no way to get the OEM firmware to be pushed, does anyone know how to get the Focus Flash to stock? I know I have a backup on my computer, but Zune isn't recognizing it (I had forced 8107 on my phone, and Zune made a backup of that ROM).

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So I used the disconnect internet trick and got Tango to install on my phone. Problem is, it stopped with the 3 updates and did not install (or find) the Samsung one that I know was supposed to be installed (for firmware), so my firmware is now 2103.11.10.1 instead of what it is supposed to be.

Does anyone know a way to force the OEM firmware to be sent to Zune. The internet disconnect trick isn't work now, so I'm stuck. Also, my backups aren't showing up, even though during the update process it said it was creating a backup (for all the OS updates it installed all the way up to 8773).

If there is no way to get the OEM firmware to be pushed, does anyone know how to get the Focus Flash to stock? I know I have a backup on my computer, but Zune isn't recognizing it (I had forced 8107 on my phone, and Zune made a backup of that ROM).

this is why i wait for the updates, not too mention the improvements arent worth it... however try downloading the cab file and finishing the update to tango with this method... should finish it up for you
http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-...ownload-tango-cab-file-now-and-do-it-yourself

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
this is why i wait for the updates, not too mention the improvements arent worth it... however try downloading the cab file and finishing the update to tango with this method... should finish it up for you
http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-...ownload-tango-cab-file-now-and-do-it-yourself

Thanks for the reply. I don't think this option would work for me because Zune already installed all the Microsoft updates, but I'm missing the Samsung firmware one (with radio changes and such) that I was really looking forward to the most (outside of Tango improvements). I believe this method is only for Microsoft OS stuff.

If I'm wrong please let me know, as I'd be happy to restore to any point and find a way to go back to even 8112 and update from there to possibly see if it will recognize another update after 8773 (since I was on 8107 prior to this).

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Some Flash users have reported getting the update via Zune some are still waiting, seems to be staggered on how the updates are going out.

You could manually install 8107 , so that it downgrade's what you already have and then reconnect to Zune and see if the updates get installed that way.

I do not see the Samsung Firmware Cab on Xda has of yet, but, I may not be looking hard enough.

I noticed a big difference in cell reception and battery life with new firmware update will post in focus flash section about that..

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Some Flash users have reported getting the update via Zune some are still waiting, seems to be staggered on how the updates are going out.

You could manually install 8107 , so that it downgrade's what you already have and then reconnect to Zune and see if the updates get installed that way.

I do not see the Samsung Firmware Cab on Xda has of yet, but, I may not be looking hard enough.

I noticed a big difference in cell reception and battery life with new firmware update will post in focus flash section about that..

UGH...oh well. So you are saying I can install 8107 from my phone, even though I am on 8773? That would be sweet. Yea, I really want that firmware update for cell reception (cuts out and acts weird every now and then) battery life (always want that) and HOPEFULLY touchscreen improvements. So there is no way I can get the .cab firmware? Oh well....as long as I can return to 8107...

Also, if I do this, will my language packs be the same as they are right now on 8773?

Also (lol) will this work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1739322

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
so i performed a hard reset and immediately the update was found after I did that. I think it had to do with this thing I found that invovles unlocking your Samsung device (you go to a website and download some type of .xml file or something) and I think that messed with some registry files in my phone (the purpose of the hack was to get internet sharing and block your phone from AT&T I think or something). regardless, after performing a hard reset (and apparently wiping these hack files and resetting the registry) my phone was recognized as an AT&T phone again lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)