How come not everyone have tango OS upgrade?

rabaruiz

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi im new to this site!I have an LG Quantum windows phone.

Im just wondering why do the nokia phones are getting the tango upgrade and everyone else are not? I thought windows phones have relatively similar hardware, so everyone can get the same OS upgrade. So shouldn't we all be getting the update now? I thought the update comes straight from microsoft not for carriers. OR am i completely missing something here. Thanks for reply

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi im new to this site!I have an LG Quantum windows phone.

Im just wondering why do the nokia phones are getting the tango upgrade and everyone else are not? I thought windows phones have relatively similar hardware, so everyone can get the same OS upgrade. So shouldn't we all be getting the update now? I thought the update comes straight from microsoft not for carriers. OR am i completely missing something here. Thanks for reply

Samsung Omnias and HTCs have also got the Tango updates. It is rolling out so will not hit everyone on the same day but gradually spread.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that the update also contains some SIM card option updates and MMS messaging updates, and that carriers want to adjust the update for their network. The 7.8 update will come straight from Microsoft, so carriers won't interfere with that update. By now almost all updates have been modified by carriers, except some security updates that have come until now, and the OEM phone updates.

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that the update also contains some SIM card option updates and MMS messaging updates, and that carriers want to adjust the update for their network. The 7.8 update will come straight from Microsoft, so carriers won't interfere with that update. By now almost all updates have been modified by carriers, except some security updates that have come until now, and the OEM phone updates.
Yea I have a new Titan II, Been checking a lot. I'm ATT in Arizona. I know a few friends that have got it. GRRRRR

Anyway to push it along?

Thanks.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys try to avoid the cab sender. Some lang files have been playing up. You might have broken camera modes after pushing unofficial way. Just heads up from what I've been reading around other forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786