Hi im new to this site!I have an LG Quantum windows phone.

Im just wondering why do the nokia phones are getting the tango upgrade and everyone else are not? I thought windows phones have relatively similar hardware, so everyone can get the same OS upgrade. So shouldn't we all be getting the update now? I thought the update comes straight from microsoft not for carriers. OR am i completely missing something here. Thanks for reply
    06-30-2012 02:39 AM
    Hi im new to this site!I have an LG Quantum windows phone.

Im just wondering why do the nokia phones are getting the tango upgrade and everyone else are not? I thought windows phones have relatively similar hardware, so everyone can get the same OS upgrade. So shouldn't we all be getting the update now? I thought the update comes straight from microsoft not for carriers. OR am i completely missing something here. Thanks for reply
    Samsung Omnias and HTCs have also got the Tango updates. It is rolling out so will not hit everyone on the same day but gradually spread.
    06-30-2012 05:04 AM
    I think that the update also contains some SIM card option updates and MMS messaging updates, and that carriers want to adjust the update for their network. The 7.8 update will come straight from Microsoft, so carriers won't interfere with that update. By now almost all updates have been modified by carriers, except some security updates that have come until now, and the OEM phone updates.
    06-30-2012 05:05 AM
    I think that the update also contains some SIM card option updates and MMS messaging updates, and that carriers want to adjust the update for their network. The 7.8 update will come straight from Microsoft, so carriers won't interfere with that update. By now almost all updates have been modified by carriers, except some security updates that have come until now, and the OEM phone updates.
    Yea I have a new Titan II, Been checking a lot. I'm ATT in Arizona. I know a few friends that have got it. GRRRRR

Anyway to push it along?

Thanks.
    06-30-2012 08:39 AM
    Still nothing on Tmo/710/ Louisiana.
    06-30-2012 08:42 AM
    Guys try to avoid the cab sender. Some lang files have been playing up. You might have broken camera modes after pushing unofficial way. Just heads up from what I've been reading around other forums.
    06-30-2012 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD