I've noticed that when I enter a birthday in my contact list, it adds it to the calender. But when the birthday rolls around the Calender ALWAYS lists the bday one day ahead of the actual birthday. Now I'm not talking about a reminder. If the birthday is say 7/1/2012, the calender will show it as 6/30/2012. WTF is up with that? Is there a simple fix?
    06-30-2012 12:17 PM
    that's weird lol,

Maybe cause of your region/time zone might be off and rolling it to the previous day?
    - make sure your PC/Phone/account are all set to the same region.

aside from that Ive never seen/heard of this problem , I dunno what else it could be :S
    06-30-2012 12:46 PM
    that's weird lol,

Maybe cause of your region/time zone might be off and rolling it to the previous day?
    - make sure your PC/Phone/account are all set to the same region.

aside from that Ive never seen/heard of this problem , I dunno what else it could be :S
    It's not user error.

I believe it's an issue with DST and contacts synced to Windows Live. It's certainly a bug that's been around a while (years!) and hasn't yet been fixed. They way I got around it was by correcting the birthday in my web browser, and it syncs back to the phone fine. Microsoft are apparently aware of it and I hope it'll be sorted when they roll out the Metro update to the current Live services... at the very latest!

Calendar birthday events are offset by 1 day if they fall in the daylight saving period
    windows phone birthdays bug - Bing
    https://windowsphone7community.userv...o-windows-live
    Birthday bug on Live contacts when set by phone - Microsoft Answers
    06-30-2012 01:42 PM
    i've entered birthdays into my contacts and it doesn't show up in my calendar. am i missing something here?
    07-02-2012 05:01 PM
    I didn't feel it was necessary to create a new thread, so I will just post my question here.

There is a birthday on my calendar for today and an appointment for tomorrow. On the Calendar tile it only shows the appointment for tomorrow, nothing about the birthday that is today. Does the tile only show upcoming events? I would think it would still show birthdays on the calendar since they are an all day event and don't actually expire until the end of the day.

Is there a setting that I can change to correct this?
    08-09-2012 11:34 AM
    I have faced this issue too. I woke up my friend on 4th at midnight. Shouted happy birthday. And then she says it is tomorrow. Haha... Embarrassing :P
    08-09-2012 12:51 PM
    My calendar shows b'days fine and I get popup alerts 12 hrs in advance. A majority of them are synched from Facebook.
    08-09-2012 01:10 PM
    My question is, if you have a birthday today does it show on the calendar tile today or the day before?
    08-09-2012 01:50 PM
    For me they show on the day in advance as well as on the day for example I see

Tomorrow:First name ,Last name's birthday
    All Day.

And on the day I see:
    First Name,Last Name's birthday
    All Day.
    08-10-2012 12:26 PM
    For me they show on the day in advance as well as on the day for example I see

Tomorrow:First name ,Last name's birthday
    All Day.

And on the day I see:
    First Name,Last Name's birthday
    All Day.
    Dangit. Mine didn't do that...? That is what I want.

I get the birthday on the day before. The day of I had an appointment and that is all it showed, no birthday.
    08-10-2012 02:21 PM
    I have my hotmail birthday calendar hooked into mt outook calendar (which is my hotmail (msn.com) calenar throughb outlook connector and tomoorows birthdays are alerted at noon the day before.
    08-10-2012 09:55 PM
    I have my hotmail birthday calendar hooked into mt outook calendar (which is my hotmail (msn.com) calenar throughb outlook connector and tomoorows birthdays are alerted at noon the day before.
    wtf! I can't figure this ****
    08-11-2012 04:58 AM
    Dangit. Mine didn't do that...? That is what I want.

I get the birthday on the day before. The day of I had an appointment and that is all it showed, no birthday.
    WP just shows appointments in preferance to all day events - of whatever type.
    08-13-2012 06:29 AM
    WP just shows appointments in preferance to all day events - of whatever type.
    Okay, thanks. I thought that might be the case. I would like the option to have birthdays stay on all day. It helps me remember to call them. Oh, well.
    08-13-2012 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD