Calender screws up bdays

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that when I enter a birthday in my contact list, it adds it to the calender. But when the birthday rolls around the Calender ALWAYS lists the bday one day ahead of the actual birthday. Now I'm not talking about a reminder. If the birthday is say 7/1/2012, the calender will show it as 6/30/2012. WTF is up with that? Is there a simple fix?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
that's weird lol,

Maybe cause of your region/time zone might be off and rolling it to the previous day?
- make sure your PC/Phone/account are all set to the same region.

aside from that Ive never seen/heard of this problem , I dunno what else it could be :S

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
that's weird lol,

Maybe cause of your region/time zone might be off and rolling it to the previous day?
- make sure your PC/Phone/account are all set to the same region.

aside from that Ive never seen/heard of this problem , I dunno what else it could be :S
It's not user error.

I believe it's an issue with DST and contacts synced to Windows Live. It's certainly a bug that's been around a while (years!) and hasn't yet been fixed. They way I got around it was by correcting the birthday in my web browser, and it syncs back to the phone fine. Microsoft are apparently aware of it and I hope it'll be sorted when they roll out the Metro update to the current Live services... at the very latest!

Calendar birthday events are offset by 1 day if they fall in the daylight saving period
windows phone birthdays bug - Bing
https://windowsphone7community.user...47141-birthday-submited-wrong-to-windows-live
Birthday bug on Live contacts when set by phone - Microsoft Answers

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't feel it was necessary to create a new thread, so I will just post my question here.

There is a birthday on my calendar for today and an appointment for tomorrow. On the Calendar tile it only shows the appointment for tomorrow, nothing about the birthday that is today. Does the tile only show upcoming events? I would think it would still show birthdays on the calendar since they are an all day event and don't actually expire until the end of the day.

Is there a setting that I can change to correct this?

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have faced this issue too. I woke up my friend on 4th at midnight. Shouted happy birthday. And then she says it is tomorrow. Haha... Embarrassing :p

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
For me they show on the day in advance as well as on the day for example I see

Tomorrow:First name ,Last name's birthday
All Day.

And on the day I see:
First Name,Last Name's birthday
All Day.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For me they show on the day in advance as well as on the day for example I see

Tomorrow:First name ,Last name's birthday
All Day.

And on the day I see:
First Name,Last Name's birthday
All Day.

Dangit. Mine didn't do that...? That is what I want.

I get the birthday on the day before. The day of I had an appointment and that is all it showed, no birthday.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have my hotmail birthday calendar hooked into mt outook calendar (which is my hotmail (msn.com) calenar throughb outlook connector and tomoorows birthdays are alerted at noon the day before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss