Hello, i'm Joe and i have had a Nokia Lumia 710 for a few months now and i love it but when i am sending long messages to my friends who is on a blackberry i only press send once but she receives them 5, 6 or even 7 times. I write a text (sms) that is quite long.

How can i stop this since this really annoys her and crashes her BB, HELP!
    :excl:
    07-02-2012 04:18 PM
    Hello, i'm Joe and i have had a Nokia Lumia 710 for a few months now and i love it but when i am sending long messages to my friends who is on a blackberry i only press send once but she receives them 5, 6 or even 7 times. I write a text (sms) that is quite long.

How can i stop this since this really annoys her and crashes her BB, HELP!
    :excl:
    It is BB issue, nothing to do with WP. You can't change it. She has to change it on her BB and allow incoming SMS as one sms.
    Old phones have this problem. When I send long message to old Nokia owners, they get my messages in 'split' forms. You just have to ask her to accept the limitations of BB and live with it OR get WhatsApp on both your phones.
    07-02-2012 04:35 PM
    If you exceed the 160 characters, or whatever is allowed in one text and it becomes multiple texts... is that the issue? Or is she receiving the same text message over and over? Usually with phones once you exceed the max character limit, it turns into multiple messages and it should after I think 3 or so texts it would turn into a MMS (at least with Android this happens). But if she is receiving your long texts in multiple texts, and that's ending up freezing her phone... That could be your issue, but if you're sending a text message and she's receiving the same exact one over and over... that can be carrier lag and thinking the text isn't sent and sending it multiple times.
    07-02-2012 07:14 PM
    But I think that is BB related, because most phones combine all the messages that are split into more because of exceeded characters in one msg. It could be related to the carrier, or some settings have to be changed in order to receive the proper message.
    07-02-2012 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD