TANGO Info from ATT (Right off ATT Website)

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Possible

I think the HTC Titan II is not there cause it actually has the current OS. That could be it.

In the phone itself, under Foftware Windows: Says Phone 7.5

OS Version however: 7.10.8112.7 Which does match up to Zune. So its def. listed for an update.

Some day, but flipping Windows 8 will probably be out by the time that happens.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm - although the original Focus is listed in the op's list of phones that have updates (presumably for tango) I have not gotten any such update notification for my Focus rev1.3. I also seem unable to use the unplug from network method of tricking the system into showing the updates. I was able to use this same method when mango came out at the end of September last year.

Has anyone with the original Focus (1.3 or 1.4) gotten the tango updates using official channels or network unplugging?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm - although the original Focus is listed in the op's list of phones that have updates (presumably for tango) I have not gotten any such update notification for my Focus rev1.3. I also seem unable to use the unplug from network method of tricking the system into showing the updates. I was able to use this same method when mango came out at the end of September last year.

Has anyone with the original Focus (1.3 or 1.4) gotten the tango updates using official channels or network unplugging?

Nope, neither way works for me. I have an unbranded, unlocked Focus v1.3

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I received notice of a firmware update for my L 900 while I was on vacation in Alaska and Canada but did not do the update until back in the lower 48 that was back on June 18 2012

I haven'y gotten any other update notices. I have tried the turn on airplene mode and try to trick Zune methos numerous times w/o sucess in the last week. No luck.

hung6418

May 7, 2012
Visit site
t?i c? htc titan at&t htc pl39100.7.10.7720 mong sớm nhận được bản cập nhật tango 8773 từ at&t rất c?m ơn

Last edited:

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
i bought an unlocked AT&T branded HTC TITAN II off ebay and currently living in Canada. Would I get the update if I connect my device to Zune?

elibohnert

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
If I get the update and update my phone will I lose everything on it? I don't check these forms much so a tweet to @EliBohnert would be the best way to tell me, Thanks!!

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If I get the update and update my phone will I lose everything on it? I don't check these forms much so a tweet to @EliBohnert would be the best way to tell me, Thanks!!

But that's so informal - send me your address so I can type up a nice letter and mail it to you explaining everything about Windows Phone updates. I'll see if the guys at WPCentral can give me some nice letterhead to use.

dv220s

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Got it on my Quantum a few days ago. Now running 8773.98. Wish someone would help me get WiFi Hidden SSID support working though.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Get 7740 and 8107 update for Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash
Please note that this will unlock and debrand your phone.

1) Open your mobile browser and go to: http://www.kremese.sk/debrand_focus_s.zip
2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on “debrandfocuss.xml”
3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select DebrandFocusS
8) Press Save and Reboot

After that, connect to Zune and you will receive the 8107 update.

After selecting the correct file you'll go to a blank webpage, continue with step 3

*Note: The 8107 stops the tool from working, so if you re-lock your phone after update, you'll have to go back to 7740 version before being able to unlock again!!!

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
1) In diagnosis mode (phone dialer) dial *#7284# and a dialogue will pop up letting you change the settings from Zune to modem or “Modem, USB dialog.”. You want to go with “Modem, Tethered Call”. It will restart you phone after a few seconds. Once it restarts, connect to your PC over USB and drivers will be installed on your computer. Now go to your connections on your PC and you’ll see that a Samsung modem was added.

2) On your PC you need to change the setting for the Samsung modem. If you set it to prompt for user name you’ll be able to put in the login info. This is all it is for AT&T:
number: *99***1#
user name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password: CINGULAR1
Go to connect

3) You should add
AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular”
into Advanced tab in modem properties as an Extra initialization command. No spaces!! But do use punctuations.

*If you don't see your phone for the modem go to "Network Settings" and choose to create a Dial-up connection. Continue with instructions.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Its going to be interesting to see if this is Tango. If it's not its odd that they list those devices that way. If this is just a general how to or in reference to old updates why are the 2 Titan HTC devices not listed.

Because they are EOL and the Titan 3 will be out next month. Not to be confused with the upcoming Titan 4, which will be HTCs 1st WP8 device. (I kid, of course)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers