Hard to use calendar

ryangodammit

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok here's the next one.

what's the deal with the tiny writing inside the calendar boxes they are literally impossible to see, rendering the calendar useless.

I want to be able to look at my whole month and know at a glance what days I have something on.

And why does it default to a one hour meeting at 9am? Totally weird

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, lets be honest here. Is there any size of text they could have put in that calender view that would be readable? Survey says, no. There isn't a phone on the market with a screen big enough to have an effective "full month" calender with all events displayed and readable.

All its ment to do is show you what dates you have events on. If you want to look more closely you tap on the date in the calander and it opens up that days events. From that point of view, it literaly, "at a glance," shows you you have an something schedualed on the 8th of July for example. No you can't read what it is, but you can tell somethings there. So, you click on the date, and up pops an easy to read listing of that days events.

As for the default time and duration of the meetings. It's just an abitrary time they chose to start on. If they'd left it blank, you would still need to pick the time you actualy want. And one day by some fluke, maybe you'll have to make an appointment for 9am with a duration of one hour and you'll be happy they did it ;)

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the calendar, but yeah, if they allowed us to pinch to "zoom in" on month view, it would be much better!

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
ya... i kind of hate the current calendar too, i agree screen size is too small to display any text anyways but they really could do
1. like c8m6p said, pinch to zoom on month view
2. have the date segregate the events when u are in agenda,by that i mean have a full screen width highlight under the date so its easier to know which date u are looking at. (i actually like this view, but find it difficult to find which date im reading at times

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a HUGE fan of the calander. From the to-do lists on, it is one of the features I use the most. But, sure there is room for improvement.

Like Olgaius point of symbols to give a better visual. But, truly, from it's intergration with Windows Live on your PC/laptop, this is a fantastic tool.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the calendar, but yeah, if they allowed us to pinch to "zoom in" on month view, it would be much better!

That would be amazing.

Incidentally, if anyone's interested... if you look REALLY close, the teeny tiny text on the days in the month view says "Hello from Seattle!" LOL... I'm not kidding, look closely and you'll see it. The first time I noticed that I literally laughed out loud. :lol:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
That would be amazing.

Incidentally, if anyone's interested... if you look REALLY close, the teeny tiny text on the days in the month view says "Hello from Seattle!" LOL... I'm not kidding, look closely and you'll see it. The first time I noticed that I literally laughed out loud. :lol:

It says other things too but I have yet to figure them out

ryangodammit

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
totally right, needs a zoom function. Or at least a big fat dot telling me I've got something on that day, then text underneath saying what it is (when highlighted for example). The daily view is a total mess

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
A week view definitely would have been welcomed. On the other hand, I just finally figured out how to look for specific dates (Month > tap on Month > pick month and year).

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
totally right, needs a zoom function. Or at least a big fat dot telling me I've got something on that day, then text underneath saying what it is (when highlighted for example). The daily view is a total mess

There's nothing wrong with the calendar. In the full view if something is showing there it means there's an event if nothing then nothing is there. Just tap on the day and it shows all that's planned for the specific day, it's like zooming.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't remember the WM6.5 app name, but what the month calendar needs are dots, color coded to your synced calendars, that will appear for each day. Plus a counter for tasks/to dos. So then you can see the difference between a birthday and business event. That would be useful and lend itself to the get in, get out, and get on with it mentality.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the internal calendar app. I'm an exchange server/Outlook freak tho (I'm a Windows Admin). I could see it better in some things though, I agree I would like a pinch to zoom in the month view.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned above, "tap to zoom" is already built-in. Just tap a day that has content on it in the month view and you instantly zoom to that day's events. There's even a little "zoom" animation. If you'd prefer to "pinch" rather than zoom, well you'll just have to get used to tapping instead. (A tapping motion is faster than a pinch anyway.)

If I had to pick one favorite feature of WP7, it would be the calendar app hands down. It's the best calendar I've EVER used on a mobile device, period.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
A coloured rectangle or dots would be more useful, which??at a glance??would at least indicate what type of event is happening on a day.
This. I don't see the point of the microscopic text, so either use the coloured rectangles (after the different calendar colours) or some other visual scheme.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs