Network Question

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I've had my phone about a week and I brought it back to the dealer because even though I'm on an HSPA network, my phone constantly displayed 3G. The dealer took a look and replaced the sim. After which, it displayed H but about fifteen minutes later back to 3G, even though I have good signal etc.

I got back home and went into the diagnostic menu and it was set to 3G. The choices presented are 2G, 3G and automatic. Any reason why it wasn't set to automatic right from the start?

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thats odd. I dont have an automatic-option, but if I use 3G the phone finds the HSPA Networks by itself and also switches by itself between 3G and H.

Whats your provider and do you have a "free" device or a branded one?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My carrier is Canadian (Telus) and they provided the phone so it's locked to them. It's odd because if I restart the phone it will go to H, but without fail it display 3G fifteen minutes later and stay there until I reboot the phone again.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it really stay on 3G? Or does it maybe switch to H if you browse the web or access any web-covered app? I've read that some providers are in charge of switching you between the networks (UMTS and HSD/UPA), depending on the amount of traffic you cause (not to confuse with the throttling of your connection after your data volume maximum is reached).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss