Fix for Me tile problems

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're having problems where the notifications on your Me tile won't clear properly, this should fix it.

Before I start:
- I don't know why it broke. I didn't look at any of these settings before it broke for me, so I don't know what changed. Please don't moan at me about it.
- If you don't like this fix, then don't use it. It's clear that these permissions now have to be set for an external app to clear notifications properly, so complain at Facebook if you don't like it.

1. Login to the Facebook website on your PC
2. From the menu at the top right of the screen, select "Account settings"
3. Click "Apps" on the left hand side of the screen.
4. Under "App settings" in the main part of the screen, you should have a ?Microsoft? app listed. If you do, carry on below, if not, go to step 10 below.
5. Click on Microsoft ? Look for the "Manage your notifications" permission, as shown in the attachment to this post called "FB Microsoft app permission.jpg"
6. If it is there, then I have no idea what's going wrong! Assuming it is not there, then follow the instructions below
7. Click on "Microsoft" again and it will take you to Windows Live profile settings page.
8. Uncheck everything, then recheck them, as shown in the attached "windows live permissions.jpg", then click the ?Connect with Facebook? button.
9. Go back to facebook, check the Microsoft App and you should now have the ?Manage your notifications? permission. If so, the problem should be fixed.

If you don?t have the Microsoft App on facebook at all?
10. Login to Windows Live with the account you use on your phone.
11. At the top right right, under your name, click ?profile?
12. On the left, under ?connected to?, click ?Connect? (not "manage")
13. Click on "Facebook"
14. Select the tick boxes as in the attachment "windows live permissions.jpg"
15. Click "connect with facebook" button
16. Click on ?Allow? when you get the pop up from facebook.
17. Go back to facebook and check the Microsoft app is there and that it has the ?Manage your notifications? permission.

18. Job done! (Hopefully)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon