07-19-2012 02:32 PM
62 123
tools

Nokia stated long ago (even before launching the Lumia series in the US) that the game really starts with WP8.
    Sorry but that is revisionist nonsense.
    07-19-2012 06:13 AM
    Sorry but that is revisionist nonsense.
    I started to search for the quote, forgetting who said it and if it was at an event or interview. It could take a while.

Then I stopped and remembered that you're just trolling, and it would be time wasted.

You can desire failure all you want if it makes you feel good. But the game is just starting. And I think you'll be very disappointed in 2 yrs.
    07-19-2012 06:20 AM
    I started to search for the quote, forgetting who said it and if it was at an event or interview. It could take a while.

Then I stopped and remembered that you're just trolling, and it would be time wasted.

You can desire failure all you want if it makes you feel good. But the game is just starting. And I think you'll be very disappointed in 2 yrs.
    Why am I trolling? - I use and like a lumia 800 - it is not incommensurable to hold a position that an as individual I think it's a quality device but that the company behind it is failing (as for me 'desiring' failure, the use of such emotive language says more about you than me) - the two are unrelated?

It is possible to use a mobile platform without being a cheerleader (and more rational to boot).
    07-19-2012 06:26 AM
    Why am I trolling? - I use and like a lumia 800 - it is not incommensurable to hold a position that an as individual I think it's a quality device but that the company behind it is failing (as for me 'desiring' failure, the use of such emotive language says more about you than me) - the two are unrelated?

It is possible to use a mobile platform without being a cheerleader (and more rational to boot).
    I apologize. You weren't trolling.

I do remember reading statements from a Nokia rep that things really start with WP8. It was back when nobody even heard of the Lumia name yet. And most of the news was about Nokia getting special privelesges with code.

So when you accused me of revisionist history, it rubbed me the wrong way and I assumed you were just trying to be a jerk.
    07-19-2012 06:39 AM
    I apologise as well - I was a little out of line as well.

Moving on - let's think about this logically - within Quarter 2 - what devices were Nokia offering within North America to account for 600,000 figure - there was the 900, the 710 (I think) - is the 800 sold in the US?
    07-19-2012 08:27 AM
    The 800 is available, but not through any carriers. It's sold at MS stores, of which there are very few. I doubt any statistically significant numbers of the 800 were sold.
    07-19-2012 12:15 PM
    The 800 is available, but not through any carriers. It's sold at MS stores, of which there are very few. I doubt any statistically significant numbers of the 800 were sold.
    Could you get it by itself, or was it part of that expensive bundle only?
    07-19-2012 12:22 PM
    Moving on - let's think about this logically - within Quarter 2 - what devices were Nokia offering within North America to account for 600,000 figure - there was the 900, the 710 (I think) - is the 800 sold in the US?
    The 800 is sold in Canada, but it looks like only one carrier, Telus, offers it. Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia - Canada

The 710 and 900 are also available in Canada. Search results for All, Lumia - Nokia - Canada
    07-19-2012 01:21 PM
    Looking into it, 710 has been available since q1 and the 900 came on in q2 - so those figures are poor however you cut it - if they were about equal for each device, that means each was selling about 300,000 but if one did significantly better than the other, then one of these devices could have sold sub-200,000.
    07-19-2012 01:24 PM
    Looking into it, 710 has been available since q1 and the 900 came on in q2 - so those figures are poor however you cut it - if they were about equal for each device, that means each was selling about 300,000 but if one did significantly better than the other, then one of these devices could have sold sub-200,000.
    One also needs to take into account the carriers, at least in the US.

The 710 is only sold by T-Mobile, which is a much smaller carrier than AT&T.

The 900 is only sold by AT&T.

Are all of the Lumia models available in the UK? Do all of the carriers offer all of the models?
    07-19-2012 01:35 PM
    Could you get it by itself, or was it part of that expensive bundle only?
    Amazon.com has the expensive bundle or just the phone factory unlocked.
    07-19-2012 01:37 PM
    Considering T-Mobile's size, I don't think the 710 sold all that many compared to the 900.
    07-19-2012 02:32 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD