Windows Phone has terrible video playback, or what?

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It is definitely the phone. I have a great data connection, and I've tested this on 3 Wi-Fi connections and a 3G connection. Everytime the video will either stop, or it will take forever to buffer. It will lag untill it's 100% buffered, and it's really a huge drawback for me. All videos run smoothly on any computer, phone or tablet I've used on the same networks. I use an HTC Titan, and I'm really disappointed that the 1.5GHz CPU can be this slow. In some very simple games, or apps for drawing, it will be incredibly slow, and ruin the application because of all the lag. Hopefully the Lumia 920 will be much better :) I've been waiting for a dual-core forever to fix this, but sounds like it's only the Titan.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with YouTube on my Lumia, my iPad on the other hand seems wholey incapable of buffering anything from YouTube.

I would recommend looking at your general networks performance first see if that is the bottleneck. It could also be some issue on YouTubes end. What applications are you using that you have issues with?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I experience problems with my Focus, eternal buffering while streaming. No difference between HSPA+ and WiFi. I think it's the less capable hardware of my phone paired with many apps open (it gets better once I "close" all other apps). Lumia 920 should take care of that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99