Carriers and Microsoft Services

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
We all know Xbox became the world most popular gaming console because of the strong Xbox Live social networking platform and I believe Xbox Live especially Xbox music can play a big part in launching Windows Phone sales.

People that are usually attached to GOOD services are hooked I know that one reason why I don't want to move to an iPhone or Android is because I have Zune Pass it makes it dead easy for me to keep updated with music.

There are other services like Spotify etc but the integration of Zune which is going to be Xbox Music in the fall is on another level and you never know when Apple will launch a music streaming service off their own.

So what can be done to get more people hooked into Xbox Live and the services they provide?

Well I think Microsoft should work closely with the carriers and offer Xbox Live services such as music and one-day TV at the carrier level.

That way when you walk into a store you will see more advertising and focus to the Windows Phone platform.

Imagine getting your contract and pay 9.99$ extra for Xbox Live gaming, music and TV service or 4.99$ if you already have Xbox Live.

That way the carrier can bill you directly and you get the service on the spot and no hassles. This makes it easier for people to experience Xbox Live and like I said puts more attention to the Windows brand.

I feel that if more people get hooked into MS services they will stay in the ecosystem similar to how hard it is to get iPhone users to move platforms.

I think an ecosystem packed by powerful services is the future whatever makes it dead simple for the end user to understand and use is what's going to win.

They can also add Skype into the mix too as deadly as that sounds :p

What do you guys think?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I think MS is trying to get more media services on the Xbox, and the more the better for sure. The Xbox is so much more than gaming now so they are going down the right track. And bringing these services to other pieces like Windows, WP, and such using Smart Glass, etc. will all be big contributors in getting more people to try them out. Pricing of course is key as well.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think MS is trying to get more media services on the Xbox, and the more the better for sure. The Xbox is so much more than gaming now so they are going down the right track. And bringing these services to other pieces like Windows, WP, and such using Smart Glass, etc. will all be big contributors in getting more people to try them out. Pricing of course is key as well.

Do you think carriers should offer Xbox Live services when purchasing a Windows Phone and bill the users directly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon