Facebook for WP7 push notifications not working

tian.s

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
So I've spent the last couple days trying to figure out why I haven't ever received push notifications from the FB for WP app.

For the two weeks that I've had the phone, a Lumia 900, I've never received a single push notification for facebook even though I have all the settings set the way they should be. Twitter, Whatsapp, etc work just fine. I've tried looking for fixes and tried everything from logging in and out on a blackberry, deactivating and activating my FB account to reinstalling the app numerous times, all for nothing.

So finally I decided to come here, hoping someone might just have a solution or know of something I might have overlooked. Any ideas?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You're not alone. Every single mobile site I visit have threads on issues with facebook applications, regardless of the OS. I am not a facebook user myself, but maybe this page will help:
Mobile: Bugs and Known Issues - Facebook Help Center | Facebook As you can see, every single mobile phone has issues with facebook applications.

Facebook is extremely popular worldwide, so I am sure issues come up everyday with hackers trying to break into servers forcing facebook to block IP's ports. etc...

tian.s

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Thing is, Facebook notifications worked just fine on my BlackBerry, using the same network. Also, the notifications part of the People hub works just fine. The main reason i need the FB app specifically to work is because there's no other way of being notified of inbox messages on Facebook. Finally, the facebook for wp app is written by Microsoft as far as i can tell, so surely they should be able to write a working app for their own platform.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Push notifications on WP are super unreliable, so I am afraid this will be a problem for you. I use the email notifications, that kinda works, but is not ideal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium