The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hi all, contract is up next month with Orange UK on my Omnia7. I'd decided to wait until wp8 to get something new. Now I'm tempted otherwise..

Lumia 900 free on Vodafone for 36. 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB. If I took that now, it would give chance for WP8 to settle in, maybe it's first update and hopefully a pureview nokia within 12 months.

Also 7.8 will be a nice transition into that, and I can at least be assured the 900 will continue to be updated (whilst I still have the dissapearing keyboard on my Omnia).

Anyone seen any better 12 month deals?
    07-15-2012 10:33 AM
    A 12 month contract wouldn't be a big deal. It will take that long for a decent selection of WP8 phones and new apps that take advantage of WP8 to be out anyway.

Sure go for it, why not?

I would rather not be an early adopter personally anyway. Let them work some bugs out and lets see how things fall into place.
    Bee Mon, m_kock and sHAYM4N like this.
    07-15-2012 11:30 AM
    Yep gone for it, I'd only end up dissapointed if a decent new range didn't come out in October. By next June/July there hopefully will be looking at the 2nd gen wp8 phones :)
    HeyCori likes this.
    07-15-2012 11:48 AM
    At this stage of the game, I would simply wait. Windows Phone 8 will be out in a few months and surely be much better suited for developers going forward. JMHO.
    07-15-2012 07:06 PM
    Personally, I'm going to take the plunge and get an AT&T no-contract 900 at $300.00. The phone doesn't need to be unlocked to be used on my carrier Straight Talk, which is here in the US.

I figure that even though Windows Phone 8 devices will be out at the end of this year, they'll be around $600.00 off contract. Quite honestly that's a lot of money for me, and it'll take awhile for them to go down into the $300 price range, where the Lumia is right now. The new devices will have new features, but I don't think they're worth twice the price; that's just my opinion. Next year, I will be able to sell the 900 and get a WP8 device next summer for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Regardless of what people say, the Lumia 900 is a great device, and especially at 36 on a one year contract. One year from now, you'll most likely be able to get a new WP8 device for a similar price and you aren't locked into a two year contract like people in the US would be. We are in "different" situations since you're looking at a one year contract rather no-contract, but I hope my input has been at least helpful.
    Last edited by KockM; 07-16-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    07-16-2012 08:04 AM
    If your contract is up, I'd have moved to giffgaff where you get 250mins unlimited texts and unlimited data for 10 per month, then made a decision when WP8 is released.
    07-16-2012 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD