With the lack of reported Tango problems, what is THE DEAL with carriers?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So there have been a few spotty reports of phones on various carriers getting Tango, by in large it looks like those updates went just fine....not surprising given ow little of an update Tango is.

Tango has been available for a very long time, from microsoft. We were told time and time again that this would be released in the June/July timeframe...and indeed it has been to a few lucky people.

Based on this, WHY ON EARTH are carriers, particularly US carriers, not distributing this more widely. All they have to do is give the OK to Microsoft to push the button. That's it. This is a complete opposite of the Mango experience where we had a status page and a very coordinated effort.

In my opinion, without the transparency the carriers are going right back to their nefarious ways and screwing customers. Why do they seem so blatant about this? (that's more rhetorical than anything) It is almost as if they are justifying the reason Microsoft is going OTA with WP8.

I've really never seen more deplorable support with ATT the "premier carrier" than anyone else. They have even proven with the numerous Nokia updates that IT IS possible to push out an update quickly. WHO AND WHERE is the mysterious person within ATT who controls this? No one seems to know, not even people who work for ATT.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So there have been a few spotty reports of phones on various carriers getting Tango, by in large it looks like those updates went just fine....not surprising given ow little of an update Tango is.

Tango has been available for a very long time, from microsoft. We were told time and time again that this would be released in the June/July timeframe...and indeed it has been to a few lucky people.

Based on this, WHY ON EARTH are carriers, particularly US carriers, not distributing this more widely. All they have to do is give the OK to Microsoft to push the button. That's it. This is a complete opposite of the Mango experience where we had a status page and a very coordinated effort.

In my opinion, without the transparency the carriers are going right back to their nefarious ways and screwing customers. Why do they seem so blatant about this? (that's more rhetorical than anything) It is almost as if they are justifying the reason Microsoft is going OTA with WP8.

I've really never seen more deplorable support with ATT the "premier carrier" than anyone else. They have even proven with the numerous Nokia updates that IT IS possible to push out an update quickly. WHO AND WHERE is the mysterious person within ATT who controls this? No one seems to know, not even people who work for ATT.
I'm going to add to your post with what I had said in reply to Daniel R's Tango postyesterday (slightly modified) - and yes, carriers are evil:

I've heard people point out that the update is coming, that even first gen devices are getting updates - example, Rogers in Canada. However, just because Rogers approved the update has no bearing on AT&T approving it. I think we all know that an update exists for the Focus - the big question is AT&T has any intention on allowing it to be delivered to AT&T first gen Focus('s).

The keyboard disappearing fix has been around since January of this year (8107 i believe), however AT&T doesn't think providing this bugfix to me is necessary. They skipped MCR1, MCR2 - for whatever reason. It may be that allowing the update would enable some features that they don't want enabled on older devices (taking a shot in the dark here, but maybe VVM?).

Sorry for the rant, but I do try to be patient with AT&T, but this is annoying. I don't care about getting new features. I would be quite happy with mango for the rest of my contract (my 2 year term is up in December). What I find unreasonable is having to search for ways to get the bugfix by sidestepping my carrier. AT&T is not very good with customer satisfaction, a conclusion I base on their actions that I've observed over the last two years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb