facebook notifications on wp phones?

HKAce

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i have a question i know you can set up your fb account on your wp phone in the people hum place but can u set something up to tell u that you have a message or something? cause that would be really great if it could
thanks

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app is supposedly able to do this. It will send a toast, and the live tile is supposedly able to show the number of notifications you have in Facebook. But... it seems to be buggy, and this seems to be a Facebook issue as I've heard even the iOS and Android apps don't work properly with this. If you're looking for messages, I'd set up Facebook mobile to text messages to you so you can see them and reply to them in the message hub.

HKAce

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app is supposedly able to do this. It will send a toast, and the live tile is supposedly able to show the number of notifications you have in Facebook. But... it seems to be buggy, and this seems to be a Facebook issue as I've heard even the iOS and Android apps don't work properly with this. If you're looking for messages, I'd set up Facebook mobile to text messages to you so you can see them and reply to them in the message hub.
ok thanks for the help i really appreciate it :)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
You can already send and receive Facebook messages in the message hub. Just goto your windows live account to set it up, it can even send offline messages.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Windows phone for a day or so, and I found even the Me tile is slow in showing Facebook notifications. I have no idea why but it's no biggie for me. Does anyone have the same experiences?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You can already send and receive Facebook messages in the message hub. Just goto your windows live account to set it up, it can even send offline messages.

Offline messages don't work again. Also, it only acts as a chat window, not an Inbox (so you will miss all the messages that you received while you were offline). What's even worse is that even when you are online, the messaging is very unreliable and sometimes you don't receive messages for no apparent reason.

I have been using Windows phone for a day or so, and I found even the Me tile is slow in showing Facebook notifications. I have no idea why but it's no biggie for me. Does anyone have the same experiences?

The Me tile is only updated every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately, this can't be configured anywhere, so it will never be instant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett