Hotmail account is empty

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I looked at my phone this morning and there were no new emails on my Hotmail tile. I thought that was unusual so figuring the notification on the tile was broken I went ahead and opened it. There are no emails at all showing in Hotmail - not even old ones. I resynced and still nothing. No errors are coming up. By going to the Hotmail web site I verified I still have all my emails including new ones. I launched Live Mail on my desktop and the new emails came through there. I assume it'll all be fixed by removing the mail account and adding it again, but I figured I would post this to see if others have had a similar experience.

EDIT:I just tried sending an email from the phone and it went out fine, but it does not show up in the sent folder.

sempai

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here, just happened to me. It was fine this morning but now on the phone, no emails - the folder structure is still there, but folders which were set to sync now show the "sync this folder" as an option as if it were new. Choosing that doesn't bring any email down, though. Verified both through outlook and hotmail.com that the account is active and working, so seems like the phone sync is the only problem.

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only one. One day I had all my calendar stuff synced up fine, and the next, completely empty. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to fix it.

Mile#WP

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine went empty yesterday and is still empty today on my lumia 900. Contacts work and I can send email from the phone but all folders are empty on the phone. Very frustrating.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
No email irregularities today nor yesterday -nor ever, actually. :)

Are any of you syncing with Exchange servers? There may be a new/temporary conflict there.

FWIW, I take any phone issue to atandt since they're the ones that get a load of cash from me each month. It helps that I'm minutes from a local store.

Good luck getting past your issue to each of you.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This works for me...

A workaround posted by Emily Kao Messmer on Microsoft Answers Windows Phone forum works for me:

This worked for me, assuming that you have Twitter account associated w/ your phone:

1. Delete Twitter from Email + Accounts list

2. Reboot phone

3. Sync mail

You should see your mail again. I was also able to add Twitter back to my list without losing the sync.​

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you don't have a Twitter account? My wife's Lumia 900 has since yesterday the same problem. She has only the Hotmail account connected to her phone, nothing else. The weird thing is that there is not error message and it worked for several months without problems (and still works on my phone).

Thanks, MCheiron

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
^Try adding a twitter account.
Reboot the phone.
Delete the twitter account.
Reboot again.
Check the sync in Hotmail.

Thanks for the answer. That did not work. The Hotmail inbox is still empty. Did this work for anybody who didn't have Twitter set up before Hotmail started acting up?

Thanks, MCheiron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12