Wifi Issue

hirababu

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I tried to connect to Wifi in a different new location and it says :mad: Your Phone couldn't reach the Wifi network *******. Has any one faced this issue and has any one faced it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. I connect to WiFi at home and work everyday. And I have no problems connecting to WiFi at Starbucks, McDonald's and even my local supermarket last week.

Is the network protected in some way?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

hirababu

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's a secure network but when i tried it before it would ask for the username and password but now it's not asking and it says it cannot be connected

hillmanimpster

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Am having the same problem here. Yet another reason to ditch Nokia Lumia Windows phones.

Seems to be intermittent. Doesn't want to connect to open wifi networks (eg BT Wifi, O2, Macdonalds etc) when my very cheap android tablet can do flawlessly.

Is there a solution to what must be by now a 'known problem'????

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No such issues here.

However, it may help to delete the connection and rescan. I've seen this work on laptops, androids and iPhones that are having problems with specific WiFi access points.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've seen my Windows PC have this kind of issue, while my Android phone works perfectly. Typical case is that the network is unencrypted, but Windows sees it as encrypted for some reason. It asks for a key (which doesn't exist), and then cannot connect.
The work-around on the PC is to manually add the network and set it as "unencrypted". Then the laptop connects to it without any problems.
Don't know if this will help you, but could be worth a go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa