I have Nokia Lumia 710 that I cannot watch NBC videos on because the mobile site uses Flash? My dinosaur Nokia E51i can do it via Real Player. Is it that hard to make an app like Real Player for WP?
    07-30-2012 07:53 AM
    They have a rhapsody app but that's besides the point. Windows phone doesn't support flash
    07-30-2012 10:19 AM
    Real Player is still in business??? :lol:
    selfcreation likes this.
    07-30-2012 10:54 AM
    Don't worry. Mobile is an extremely important space and even Adobe has abandoned Flash mobile.

Any website that expects to continue to deliver media to mobile phones will be finding a way to do it without Flash within a year or so because Flash is dead. The most popular single smartphone model, the iPhone, has never supported it. Windows Phone is never going to support it. There will be no new version of Flash for Android or Symbian for that matter and the versions that are out there will not be updated, nor supported.

Flash is over.
    07-30-2012 10:58 AM
    So if Flash is dead, how can I watch video clips of the Olympics in my WP from NBC the same way my friend does it with his Android phone?
    07-30-2012 11:30 AM
    So if Flash is dead, how can I watch video clips of the Olympics in my WP from NBC the same way my friend does it with his Android phone?
    Your friend either has an older Android phone that still supports flash or NBC made an app.
    07-30-2012 11:36 AM
    damn, i wish WP7 had winamp!
    07-30-2012 11:45 AM
    Your friend either has an older Android phone that still supports flash or NBC made an app.
    It's a Samsung Galaxy. Can an app be developed for WP that downloads the flash video then plays it? Why would NBC even have a mobile site with videos if the new phones sans-Flash can't even play them? I don't want to have to break out my Nokia E51i just to watch Olympic clips this next two weeks cause my new phone can't hack it.
    07-30-2012 12:02 PM
    It's a Samsung Galaxy. Can an app be developed for WP that downloads the flash video then plays it? Why would NBC even have a mobile site with videos if the new phones sans-Flash can't even play them? I don't want to have to break out my Nokia E51i just to watch Olympic clips this next two weeks cause my new phone can't hack it.
    It's not a matter of your new phone not being able to "hack it." Adobe no longer supports mobile flash. Granted it's not that clear cut. Apple wouldn't support flash, cutting Adobe out of a huge chunk of the market. Microsoft followed suit by announcing that Windows Phone and the metro version of IE10 wouldn't support flash. And Google was too busy pushing HTML5 and WebM. I guess Adobe didn't see much reason to keep mobile flash going.

Unfortunately I don't think there's an app that will allow you to play flash videos on your Windows Phone.
    07-30-2012 01:18 PM
    Wow, I haven't used Real Player since 2001, in fact that was the last year it was popular. There is an app that can play flash videos in the market but I think you have to copy/paste the exact link to the video.
    07-30-2012 01:54 PM
    Wow, I haven't used Real Player since 2001, in fact that was the last year it was popular. There is an app that can play flash videos in the market but I think you have to copy/paste the exact link to the video.
    Yup, that's probably how old my E51i is. It still works great and will be used for the next two weeks to watch the Olympics via mobile.

NBC should develop an app for WP. I like their programs.

When are these websites switching their videos to anything that works on current phones?
    07-30-2012 02:09 PM
    Yup, that's probably how old my E51i is. It still works great and will be used for the next two weeks to watch the Olympics via mobile.

NBC should develop an app for WP. I like their programs.

When are these websites switching their videos to anything that works on current phones?
    Who knows when they will switch to html5 probably when adobe discontinues flash altogether.

I'd buy this app if I could find a way for it to play Entre sbanas with Karina Mora, she is hot ***
    07-30-2012 02:32 PM
    Why would NBC even have a mobile site with videos if the new phones sans-Flash can't even play them?
    It's possible that they are doing it to motivate you to use the desktop. Put the site out there but have it partially functional because of the flash requirement on mobile devices. A lot of broadcasters don't want you streaming a show on a mobile device(just look at Hulu) and making a mobile site that runs flash is a good way of partially enforcing that without saying "We don't like you streaming via mobile devices".

I find it hard to believe that ANYONE would build a mobile site for a company using flash without raising some red flags to management about the compatibility issue. Heck even my little startup company wanted to move some of their flash stuff to the mobile site and I said "Why? Most mobile devices can't use it so why bother?"
    07-30-2012 03:14 PM
    I just googled "NBC Olympics Mobile" and guess what I found:

Adobe and NBC Olympics Join Forces to Bring the Olympics to Mobile Devices | Digital Media Blog

Adobe and NBC are in bed together bringing the Olympic games to tablet, PC, and smartphone users.

I also read somewhere that iPhone users and older Android users can view the games through the mobile site. When is WP going to be shown some love?

Edit: I mean we get apps that show schedules of the games while others can view them. What gives?
    07-30-2012 03:51 PM
    I like WP UI. But, if MS is going to leave out video streaming capabilities from popular sites in WP8, I'm switching platforms. That's too long a time already to not have it. Plus, they miss the boat on a major event like the Olympics where most smartphone holders can watch. It's time to stop blaming developers and start owning up to features that the rest of the community has.
    07-30-2012 05:57 PM
    But adobe flash is DEAD what dont you get on that. Another player needs to be developed true but your talking time and money!
    07-30-2012 08:09 PM
    What don't I get on it? I'm not getting Olympic video streaming on my WP. Whose got money? Mike-the-freakin-soft.
    07-30-2012 09:16 PM
    Which they are throwing at Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone to get them out as quickly as they can with as few bugs as possible.
    07-31-2012 07:57 AM
    How we can install flash for Nokia lumia 710 please help me I am not founding that
    11-28-2012 01:49 PM
    Flash is so far from being dead.
    But adobe flash is DEAD what dont you get on that. Another player needs to be developed true but your talking time and money!
    11-28-2012 01:56 PM
    How we can install flash for Nokia lumia 710 please help me I am not founding that
    Can't.
    11-28-2012 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD