I am switching from AT&T to Straight Talk and using my Lumia 900 via their 'bring your own phone' sim plan. I was wondering, does anyone know what will happen with WP updates when I do this, like will I still get Tango and later 7.8? Does Microsoft send OS updates through Straight Talk?
    07-30-2012 04:20 PM
    I am on net10/straight talk BYOD.

I may be wrong or incorrect or some what correct.. about this but what I am thinking is this is what happens on Net10/ST program.

Once An OEM release and Update and it is on Microsoft Server's and Available in North America then update becomes available for your phone.

I have branded AT&T Focus Flash and recevied Tango and Samsung Update the day that is was released in North America. Back at end of June, some are just now getting the update that are AT&T Customers themselves.

I can only speak for Samsung Phone's on ST..

Some Nokia Users for Sure now that network app has been released maybe they can chime in..
    evilrobot likes this.
    07-30-2012 04:31 PM
    I am on net10/straight talk BYOD.

I may be wrong or incorrect or some what correct.. about this but what I am thinking is this is what happens on Net10/ST program.

Once An OEM release and Update and it is on Microsoft Server's and Available in North America then update becomes available for your phone.

I have branded AT&T Focus Flash and recevied Tango and Samsung Update the day that is was released in North America. Back at end of June, some are just now getting the update that are AT&T Customers themselves.

I can only speak for Samsung Phone's on ST..

Some Nokia Users for Sure now that network app has been released maybe they can chime in..
    My other phone that I'll be bringing is an original Focus (rev 1.3) - so that's great news! Thanks for chiming in with your experience!
    07-30-2012 04:37 PM
    You're still using a branded Lumia 900 and that means updates are subject to the same timeframe as all other at&t Lumia's. Being on ST doesnt change anything, the phone is still technically an at&t phone, swapping the SIM wont change that.
    07-30-2012 05:20 PM
    was curious about this.

thanks all
    07-30-2012 05:22 PM
    Straight Talk is a nice application. When official update are launched, we can easily update it over from AT&T's servers and must check that when you using this one your Wi-Fi is on or Off.
    08-07-2012 08:06 AM
    Just make sure you use the Network Setup app to have full MMS working when you switch, which I'm sure you know all about. I'm currently on Straight Talk with my brand new Lumia 900 and it's fantastic! I've been getting an average of 5 mb/s download speeds as I have HSPA+ coverage where I am, but unfortunately Straight Talk users will have to wait until AT&T allows third parties to use LTE. The following settings below worked for me perfectly:

APN Name: att.mvno
    MMS Name: Straight Talk
    Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    Proxy Port: 80
    Address: http://mmsc.cingular.com

Skip the other boxes, save it, and do a hard reset. I'd wait 30 seconds before you turn it back on, and voila full data and mms working.
    08-07-2012 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD