Update to outlook.com and keep purchased apps

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my outlook e-mail as well, then found out about the issues it causes.

I know that with the hard reset I will lose my games saves. Is there any way to back-up these and import them to the phone?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So, let's say I created a new outlook account and I want that to be my primary windows account. Is there a way that I can make that my primary account and keep my 25gb storage?

I can't rename my current account to the one I want because it says it is not available...since I already created it as new.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using the new outlook account to log into a social network or any associated service that was linked to the old hotmail?

Not sure what you mean by login, i dont see a way to directly login, but all my contacts that are facebook, twitter contacts has all their information when i search to email, i can post on their facebook wall or a message to them directly through outlook without going on facebook.

I am waiting to see what information i can see in my inbox when i receive an email back from one of my facebook contracts.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So, let's say I created a new outlook account and I want that to be my primary windows account. Is there a way that I can make that my primary account and keep my 25gb storage?

I can't rename my current account to the one I want because it says it is not available...since I already created it as new.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do it is to delete the one you created, wait 270 days (I also read 90 days somewhere) and then you can use it again as an alias or to replace your main Live ID. I said screw that and just made a different Outlook.com address.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You should have your 25GB storage automatically.

The games data disappear completely after a hard reset. I learned that the hard way before.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

If you created a brand new outlook email address, that answer is NO. To keep the 25gb, you need to change your hotmail address to an outlook address.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If you created a brand new outlook email address, that answer is NO. To keep the 25gb, you need to change your hotmail address to an outlook address.

That sucks. I like the new one I created and would like to male or my primary email account and windows account, but I don't want to give up my storage. Wonder if an email to MS would help.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I like the new one I created and would like to male or my primary email account and windows account, but I don't want to give up my storage. Wonder if an email to MS would help.

Not saying there will be a solution later on, but for now, there is not. YOu can close out the new address now and wait 270 days for it to be available :eek:

CronGM

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, took the plunge. As some say, Messenger is giving me trouble, as all my contacts are shown as Offline, and I don't think they're getting the offline messages I'm sending them. Someone said it gets fixed after setting up the Windows Phone, which I'm in the process of doing.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by login, i dont see a way to directly login, but all my contacts that are facebook, twitter contacts has all their information when i search to email, i can post on their facebook wall or a message to them directly through outlook without going on facebook.

I am waiting to see what information i can see in my inbox when i receive an email back from one of my facebook contracts.

I mean like log into your faceebook account or audible account etc which was associated with the old hotmail accouunt with the new outlook account?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I mean like log into your faceebook account or audible account etc which was associated with the old hotmail accouunt with the new outlook account?

Oh, i havent tried, i would assume those would not change since those are third party. You will probably have to keep logging on with your current account, that is just my assumption.

My hotmail account was not my login for anything except xbox live.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I'd imagine if your Facebook login was your Hotmail address you'd still have to use that to log in. It's not like changing it to the @outlook.com one then magically goes out via the Internet and updates all your logins for you.

I would think you login using whatever credentials you originally supplied. Once logged in you can update your email address to the new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CronGM

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have reset my phone and am having two problems:

1. Messenger contacts all appear offline. It's as if they haven't accepted the connection on their account's end.
  2. Can't get mail from Outlook.com.
    EDIT: I just had to check "Email" under the account options to start syncing mail. It even shows under the Hotmail logo, like a default Microsoft account.
Do any of you have this issues?

Last edited:

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I have reset my phone and am having two problems:

1. Messenger contacts all appear offline. It's as if they haven't accepted the connection on their account's end.
  2. Can't get mail from Outlook.com.
    EDIT: I just had to check "Email" under the account options to start syncing mail. It even shows under the Hotmail logo, like a default Microsoft account.
Do any of you have this issues?

To be clear, you're talking about your phone right? (I ask because I'm only able to confirm that both are working fine in my browser on my Win8 PC since I'm sans WP at the moment.)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just thought of something, since we can't manage our phones in Zune and the new outlook removes the old devices menu where are we supposed to manage our windows phones now? At the moment we can still switch back to the old Hotmail interface but at some point we won't be able to, so what then?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? I logged in to my zune account using the new outlook account, the same happened to my WLM.

Edit: Just created an Alias that has my Name.Lastname@outlook.com Looks professional as ****.

Edit 2: Is there a limit to how many alias you can get? I want to nabbed some before is too late. That way I can have an email to any occasion, so hyped.

Last edited:

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I set up my alias and chose to have emails to my alias go to a new folder. Any way to change it to have emails to my alias go to my Hotmail inbox instead?

tap tap tap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo