WP7.5 hotmail can't view inbox (after outlook.com into)

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I own an unlocked Titan2 on AT&T. Today I noticed that I have no messages in my hotmail inbox. I average around 3-4 emails per day and I keep about 1 weeks worth of email.

I also noticed that I had no messages/emails in any of the folders. I sent a test message and nothing changed. I reset and same issue.

I attempt to sync and I see syncing for messages and that's it.

I have sent emails with this condition to myself and I can't see them on the phone but I can see them online (using the phone browser!) Maybe it's a (server) time issue, I don't know.

Nothing special. Any recommendations!

I can remove hotmail then add it. Anywaysm this happended today, one day after outlook.com.

On the same device I have a office 365 account also. Thanks in advance! Appreciated!

WP.D

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on my Arrive. I didn't make hmail into outlook, I just made the new address an alias. I thought doing so was suppused to avoid these issues. No?

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Workaround

A workaround posted by Emily Kao Messmer on Microsoft Answers Windows Phone forum works for me:

This worked for me, assuming that you have Twitter account associated w/ your phone:

1. Delete Twitter from Email + Accounts list

2. Reboot phone

3. Sync mail

You should see your mail again. I was also able to add Twitter back to my list without losing the sync.​

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
A workaround posted by Emily Kao Messmer on Microsoft Answers Windows Phone forum works for me:

This worked for me, assuming that you have Twitter account associated w/ your phone:

1. Delete Twitter from Email + Accounts list

2. Reboot phone

3. Sync mail

You should see your mail again. I was also able to add Twitter back to my list without losing the sync.​

The workaround only works if you had a Twitter account before. I tried setting one up after my Hotmail account was empty, and then deleting it again. No luck.

Are there any other solutions?

Thanks, MCheiron

WP.D

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
All my folders were there they just didn't have anything in them. The work around seems to be add a twitter or linkedin account to your accounts + email. then delete it and restart your phone. I didn't have either of these added initially. However, once I did that my inbox was back.:D

Andy4444

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Worked

All my folders were there they just didn't have anything in them. The work around seems to be add a twitter or linkedin account to your accounts + email. then delete it and restart your phone. I didn't have either of these added initially. However, once I did that my inbox was back.:D

THANK YOU!!! This worked for me too. I also didn't have either accounts on my phone. I added my linkedin acct, deleted it, rebooted the phone, and I'm back in business. Six days without easy access to my email on my phone was brutal. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)