In the People tab of the new Outlook, there is, as you may already know, an option to import contacts from various sites, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Twitter and Facebook were already added to my account as a result of having linked them months ago with my LiveID through my Windows Phone.

Once Facebook has been imported, you have to separately import the email addresses from Facebook. An image of what I'm talking about should be attached. After I select this, I am asked to click on the Facebook logo, which I do. This causes a pop-up to appear where I have to grant permission, and I click "Okay." Then the page refreshes, no emails are imported, and the option to import FB email address still remains. I've tried this a dozen times at least, today and yesterday, and it refuses to work.

I also made a new @outlook Microsoft account, and imported contacts from Facebook, which went fine. But when I attempted to import Facebook email addresses, it still won't work.

On my Windows Phone, the email addresses from FB are listed under the appropriate contacts under the People Hub, so I'm not completely out of my mind. I was wondering if someone had any idea as to what could be wrong? I've searched high and low and have been unable to find any kind of solution or even acknowledgement of the problem. Would there be some option in Facebook that may prevent the importing that I have overlooked? I just can't figure it out.
    08-02-2012 05:23 AM
    Are you sure the email addresses aren't already part of those contacts? If I look at the Outlook contact cards of my Facebook friends all their email addresses are already there; but I still see the option to import email addresses from Facebook.

If they're really not there, then at a guess I would say that the revamped service is only in public beta and there has been some significant demand since the news broke; for example, last night the email renaming service was down. I'd say wait until later on or tomorrow and try again.
    08-02-2012 06:28 AM
    Yeah, I've checked the contacts themselves (or some of them) each time after trying to import the email addresses, but they're not there. I thought it might be buggy since it's new, but I haven't seen any other mention of problems like this, in reviews or trying to search for the problem. That and I've tried at various points since it launched, including today, and still no luck.
    08-02-2012 04:22 PM
    I'm currently experiencing this issue. Other emails seem synced but not the @facebook.com ones
    02-22-2013 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD