I've never seen this before, but it's really good. The Bing picture of the day has, that I've seen, always been the same regardless of using portrait or landscape orientation, just with different cropping.

Today I've just noticed that there are different pictures. When in portrait mode it's a picture of the outside of the Olympic velodrome and in landscape mode it's a pretty amazing picture of Team GB's gold winning Bradley Wiggins on his bike. The hotspot bits of text are different as well.

This is true in the UK at least.
    08-02-2012 08:43 AM
    Granted I'm on an iCrap device, but mine shows the same view portrait and landscape of the outside of the building you mentioned. I'm in the US for what it's worth.

Last night it showed Michael Phelps... Reminded me of the 4:20 glass my local bar had a few years back...

Attachment 21650
    08-02-2012 09:02 AM
    OP try it again. I did the same thing the other day it looked like it was 2 different pictures but what happened was the picture updated in the middle of me going from portrait to landscape mode. It gave the allusion that their were 2 different pictures but when I went back and checked again it was just one.

If that's not what you are seeing then that might be unique to some areas because that's not what it's doing for me on my US Focus S
    08-02-2012 09:27 AM
    Disappointingly I think you're right. I've looked again and both pictures are now of the velodrome. I don't remember if I looked yesterday to know if Wiggo was yesterday's picture.

I was fooled into believing both pictures were for today though as the hotspot text on Wiggo referred to his gold medal, which he only won yesterday!
    08-02-2012 09:34 AM
    Bing has being updating their pictures more than once because United States keeps winning Gold medals =)
    08-02-2012 09:47 AM
    08-02-2012 10:00 AM
    Chinaaaaaa!!!

>=(
    08-02-2012 10:03 AM
    Bing has being updating their pictures more than once because United States keeps winning Gold medals =)
    Thought it was changing multiple times a day, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-02-2012 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD