Windows 8 Won't Recognize WP7

parion

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey, new here! Have had a HD7 for about years now. I'm using my old laptop while my new one is fixed up. My old laptop has Windows 8 installed and I wanted to listen to some music. I plugged in my WP into the USB port and it won't recognize the device. What do I do? :confused:

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird!

Hello there...

It's weird that your device is not being recognized because I have Windows 8 Release Preview and I can confirm that it works as it should.

You may have a bad installation of the driver... I think I would go to device manager and remove the device altogether and connect it again.

Hope it helps!

AMPed126

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The music app won't work but the Zune software will. You will most likely have to remove the drivers and reinstall them, I have windows 8 on a desktop I think its the consumer preview and I can assure you that it does work, thats where I always plug my phone in, only difference is im using a lumia 900 but it should not matter I don't think.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope... the Music app will not recognize your device. You'll have to use the regular Zune software.

I have been using 8 for over six months, this is correct.

The music app won't work but the Zune software will. You will most likely have to remove the drivers and reinstall them, I have windows 8 on a desktop I think its the consumer preview and I can assure you that it does work, thats where I always plug my phone in, only difference is im using a lumia 900 but it should not matter I don't think.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Sucks, but I bet this is what will do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos