Hey, new here! Have had a HD7 for about years now. I'm using my old laptop while my new one is fixed up. My old laptop has Windows 8 installed and I wanted to listen to some music. I plugged in my WP into the USB port and it won't recognize the device. What do I do?
    08-07-2012 07:47 PM
    Do you have Zune installed? Think that pulls drivers as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-07-2012 07:51 PM
    I do. Actually let me reinstall my laptop since I just got Zune. I DO have Zune Music though.
    08-07-2012 07:59 PM
    Didn't work. Still have the same problem
    08-07-2012 08:10 PM
    Hello there...

It's weird that your device is not being recognized because I have Windows 8 Release Preview and I can confirm that it works as it should.

You may have a bad installation of the driver... I think I would go to device manager and remove the device altogether and connect it again.

Hope it helps!
    08-07-2012 08:58 PM
    Should the new Music app recognize my phone?

And I can't seem to get it to recognize my device...:@
    08-07-2012 09:24 PM
    Should the new Music app recognize my phone?

And I can't seem to get it to recognize my device...:@
    Nope... the Music app will not recognize your device. You'll have to use the regular Zune software.
    08-07-2012 10:37 PM
    The music app won't work but the Zune software will. You will most likely have to remove the drivers and reinstall them, I have windows 8 on a desktop I think its the consumer preview and I can assure you that it does work, thats where I always plug my phone in, only difference is im using a lumia 900 but it should not matter I don't think.

08-07-2012 10:41 PM
    Nope... the Music app will not recognize your device. You'll have to use the regular Zune software.
    I have been using 8 for over six months, this is correct.

The music app won't work but the Zune software will. You will most likely have to remove the drivers and reinstall them, I have windows 8 on a desktop I think its the consumer preview and I can assure you that it does work, thats where I always plug my phone in, only difference is im using a lumia 900 but it should not matter I don't think.

Sucks, but I bet this is what will do it.
    08-08-2012 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD