Windows phone challenge...

Ravi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's a challenge for you, Windows Phone.
Search for the text 'xxxxx' in all your text messages.
Can't do it?
Guess ya lost then!

Seriously, love my Lumia 800 but the lack any search in text messages is crippling my use of the phone. We now all send far, far more texts than we make calls and yet Windows Phone still does not offer any form of search for SMS when every other major platform does.
Is this going to be available in 7.8 or 8??

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I personally never thought of it. Dunno, I don't think I really need a sms search that bad as I don't see it as a problem. Of course, all new features are welcome features but I personally don't see it as a big problem.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I personally never thought of it. Dunno, I don't think I really need a sms search that bad as I don't see it as a problem. Of course, all new features are welcome features but I personally don't see it as a big problem.

Same here. I never save my old text messages. Once I'm done with a particular chat I delete the thread. The next time the same people text me, it's a brand new thread.

dwayne.williams

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Can't do it?
Guess ya lost then!

Seriously, love my Lumia 800 but the lack any search in text messages is crippling my use of the phone. We now all send far, far more texts than we make calls and yet Windows Phone still does not offer any form of search for SMS when every other major platform does.

I hadn't thought about doing that. Just did it in my iPhone to check. Worked fine. But I doubt that I would ever use that feature again.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Can't do it?
Guess ya lost then!

Everybody has different needs. I have no need for a text message search, and I get a lot of text messages. If there's a name, a number or an address i need to remember I put it in my contacts. If there is an event, I put it on my calendar.

Maybe there's a 3rd party SMS program that will help you out.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Everybody has different needs. I have no need for a text message search, and I get a lot of text messages. If there's a name, a number or an address i need to remember I put it in my contacts. If there is an event, I put it on my calendar.

Maybe there's a 3rd party SMS program that will help you out.

Indeed thats what i do with stuff I need to remember but I need to keep business emails and text messages and while I dont need search I do need to archive them and Im looking forward to having a way to move or backup them in windows 8 phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6