Problem with 720p Video Recording on HTC Radar 4G

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I've recently come across a problem with video recording on my HTC Radar 4G which I consider pretty serious. It's happened a few times now. Two times while recording an ultrasound of our first baby.

The first video a few weeks ago recorded, but in later parts of the video, the video stutters while the audio doesn't. Length is just over 3 minutes. The recording was stopped by pressing the shutter button, but the screen froze instead of panning the newly recorded video to the left.

The second video, done today, was recording about 5 or 6 minutes. When I pressed the shutter button to end the video recording, the screen froze instead of panning the recorded video to the left to get the phone ready for another recording. To my extreme disappointment, the video wasn't even saved. There's no record of it at all. I even turned on airplane mode just to dedicate the phone to video recording.

I have about 1.2GB of free storage on my phone. I downloaded content off my phone just to free up space for the ultrasound videos I wanted to record.

I find that this behavior is intermittent. I've recorded videos around 3 to 6 minutes to test it and there are times when the video is recorded without any flaw, but there have been at least two recordings with the stuttering. Not until today have I seen it not even save the video file.

I have not tested other resolutions because 720P is the resolution I want.

My camera settings:

Effects: None
Resolution: 720P
Continuous Focus: On
White Balance: Auto
Brightness: Normal
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Metering Mode: Center
Flicker Adjustment: Auto

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems I've managed to duplicate the "no save" case I mentioned above.

I setup my wife's Radar 4G to record my Radar 4G.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Video 1 shows my phone with a delayed record start time, which is yet another issue that is new. After hearing the beep, you'll see the timer still at zero for some amount of time.

Video 2 shows the same delayed record start time. I also stopped the recording with the shutter button and you can see the phone hang for some time, but the video *IS* saved.

Video 3 shows the last few minutes after letting my phone record over 3 minutes of video. You can see it hangs. I was eventually able to navigate to the camera roll, and to my surprise, the video is not saved. The last item is a photo, not the video I just tried to record. I am in airplane mode just to rule out Notifications as an issue.

After connecting my phone to Zune, it says I only have 823.13MB left.

The phone (about page) says I have 1.34GB available.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon