New name for Metro

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody!!!

I know this topic has been discussed over and over, however, I think this is an idea worth considering...

You see... Microsoft named the preview of OneNote for Metro "OneNote MX", which allegedly stands for Metro Experience, so I say... let's exploit that loop hole and just go with MX.

I kind of like the idea of us referring to MX and knowing in the back of our minds that Metro is hidden there somewhere but not actually say it. Is like we're getting away with it!

We could be talking about the MX design language and I think it sounds like a stone winner.

What do you think, is MX a good replacement for Metro??? Sound off in the comments down below. :p

Much Love!

pizzalovinhulk

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody!!!

I know this topic has been discussed over and over, however, I think this is an idea worth considering...

You see... Microsoft named the preview of OneNote for Metro "OneNote MX", which allegedly stands for Metro Experience, so I say... let's exploit that loop hole and just go with MX.

I kind of like the idea of us referring to MX and knowing in the back of our minds that Metro is hidden there somewhere but not actually say it. Is like we're getting away with it!

We could be talking about the MX design language and I think it sounds like a stone winner.

What do you think, is MX a good replacement for Metro??? Sound off in the comments down below. :p

Much Love!
MX lol motocross

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Noooooooooo not Windows 8 that would be terrible. I like the idea of MX or maybe WinMX (But I think that already exists or existed) it would probably like WinRT similar to Win32 and Win64. But no not Windows 8 that would be a blunder IMO.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's windows phone so why call it anything else besides Windows 8? I don't get it. :straight:
Because we're describing the UI and the design language.

Windows 8 includes the legacy desktop as well as the new interface, formerly known as Metro, so if you say Windows 8, that doesn't exclusively describe the new UI...

On top of that, Metro exists on Windows Phone, Windows 8, Xbox, Microsoft's website, etc... so calling all of those Windows 8 is just a little strange.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, I guess I would be OK if they called it that but I don't thing it achieves the clarity that metro did.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was sarcastic when I said Windows 8 cause it's already a done deal if you've read today's blog. I don't like it though.

Oh I see!!! We need a sarcastic button around here! haha
Yes, I already know that's the way they went... however, I'm still in denial & want to let 'em know there are better choices out there.

And, just for the sake of it, I don't think is 100% a done deal, look at this: Microsoft now using 'Modern UI Style' to refer to Windows 8 'Metro Style' apps | The Verge

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion