Recommend a good weather app

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After 5 months I just retired WeatherMaster. After 3 days I noticed it did not update the live tile. I refreshed it. 2 days past and no update. I paid for this app but with it not working, I uninstalled it. Maybe it never updated the LT and I didn't notice but, I need one that updates the live tile, paid or no add version preferred.

Thanks.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Weather Channel still working for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Same here. I downloaded the latest 2.0 version from the Nokia Collection. It's really nice, a solid improvement over the earlier versions.

It's also pretty good in terms of accuracy. After reading reviews for other apps I came to realize that no weather app is 100% accurate all the time.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I use AccuWeather. It has a nice live tile, is free, is accurate and has many other features once you click it like wind speed, humidity, visibility, UV index, cloud cover and when the sun rises and sets. Very neat. It also has forecasts and you can choose between celcius and fahrenheit.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
AmazingWeather is the winner for me. I had tons of Weather apps for WP already, and this is the one I picked and paid for.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've tried most of the weather apps on the market & my favourite is "forecast". I used the trial version for a few days & liked it so got the paid version for me & the wife. It has a double sided live tile with night time hours if you prefer to save bandwidth & also fixed location or current location via gps.

Nokia weather was OK but you can't have a mix of imperial & metric figures eg: for the UK we use MPH & Celsius so was no good for me although for other areas that use metric OR imperial it would be fine I guess.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

It's also pretty good in terms of accuracy. After reading reviews for other apps I came to realize that no weather app is 100% accurate all the time.
Well, what weather report, from any source, is mostly accurate today. I think a farmer could tell you more about today's weather than a forecaster could.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've tried most of the weather apps on the market & my favourite is "forecast". I used the trial version for a few days & liked it so got the paid version for me & the wife. It has a double sided live tile with night time hours if you prefer to save bandwidth & also fixed location or current location via gps.

Nokia weather was OK but you can't have a mix of imperial & metric figures eg: for the UK we use MPH & Celsius so was no good for me although for other areas that use metric OR imperial it would be fine I guess.

I've never heard of Forecast. I'll look into that one. As we speak, I notice the Weather app I'm up in arms about just delivered an update. It talks about live tile support but the other issue with it is accuracy. It seemingly always 5 or so degrees less than what the temperature actually is. But, anyway, I'll check out Forecast this week.

Thanks all.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Also happy with Accuweather. It's informative, accurate, current, and the only ads I see are for its own services. Also liked the Metro look and navigation since it launched.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I also use Weather Flow. The only thing I don't like is sometimes it takes a long time for the live tile background color to change after I've changed the phone's theme color (hours to days).

haps9

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
After 5 months I just retired WeatherMaster. After 3 days I noticed it did not update the live tile. I refreshed it. 2 days past and no update. I paid for this app but with it not working, I uninstalled it. Maybe it never updated the LT and I didn't notice but, I need one that updates the live tile, paid or no add version preferred.

Thanks.
I also retired Weather Master recently (as it was never - slightly exagerated - correct).

My current weather app is WeatherPro which I like much better. Both, the UI and the data quality are great!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I like just the basic "weather" app from Microsfot. It's simple and it loads fast.

Unless you are obsessed with radar maps I don't see any reason to have anything else.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So far, at least on the free version of Forecast, the tiles do update without me having to force it. Which is a good thing. I think I'm goin' in. Thanks again for the heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3