WP8 Advantages Over Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmind

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Initially my main attraction to WP7 was the smoothness, responsiveness, and stability compared to Android. I could over look many features/functionality that WP didn't have compared to Android just because I wasn't spending my evenings flashing new ROMs to my phone and I assumed the features will come out over time as they play catch up.

However, as pointed out in recent polls and some of my responses, there are still a lot of "gaps" with WP8 (which is understandable since they essently hit the reset button again). Couple that with my co-workers' Galaxy S IIIs that seem to be very smooth and stable. They still tend to do a bit of memory micro management, but that just might be out of habit for them.

Since the WP8 leaks, I've been focused on what WP doesn't have/support. So my question is, what are the main advantages WP8 has over Android 4.1?

Edit: whoops, guess this should have probably been posted to the WP8 section....

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
-Don't need an app for most things
-Free office
-OnDemand music right from the music player
-flawless interaction with Xbox ,and win8 tablets and PCs
-Better performance on same hardware
-No need to install custom roms to get rid of carrier/OEM added garbage.
-No need to spend hours getting everything just right.

I could go on and on.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I like better about WP7 than my android running 4.03: keyboard, lockscreen calendar notifications, lockscreen controls for third party music players like slacker and fluidity of the operating system. Of those the fluidity is the one that least concerns me. Other than the items I listed I feel android is on par or better than WP at this time (high end androids, not the cheap ones). I most likely will end up with with WP8 device, but Android is quite tempting.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It will be interesting to see once WP8 is released because as it stands today, the core OS for WP8 is more compelling but the sheer functionality of Android is untouched by any other OS.

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the galaxy s3 and its a great device. Smooth lag free and fast, but you just can't beat the beauty and social integration wp8 is going to have. I like android and will keep my s3 but will purchase a wp8 phone as soon as they are out. Every OS has strength and weaknesses you just have to find what suits you better

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Not having to be part of Google's ecosystem. Oh, and being a part of Microsoft's ecosystem, lock, stock and barrel. Good enough reason for me. A phone is a phone after all. They all work, or at least should.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
-Don't need an app for most things
-Free office
-OnDemand music right from the music player
-flawless interaction with Xbox ,and win8 tablets and PCs
-Better performance on same hardware
-No need to install custom roms to get rid of carrier/OEM added garbage.
-No need to spend hours getting everything just right.

I could go on and on.

With ice cream sandwich any app can be disabled so it doesn't show up in the app drawer anymore, so carrier added stuff isn't an issue anymore, at least on phones fortunate enough to be on ice cream sandwich.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
With ice cream sandwich any app can be disabled so it doesn't show up in the app drawer anymore, so carrier added stuff isn't an issue anymore, at least on phones fortunate enough to be on ice cream sandwich.

BB does this too and I always thought it was really dumb. When I want something gone, I want it GONE.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just hated those rogue programs running in the back ground draining battery life. I'm sure they are doing a better job of it now.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I think it's too early to compare WP8 to android because we don't know everything that WP8 is going to have yet. Anyone that is happy with WP7/7.5 will probably be very pleased with WP8.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I get way better battery life than I did on either of my wp7 phones

That's because of the larger battery capacity, has nothing to do with Android being better battery optimized than WP. You can almost bet that if WP phones had comparable battery sizes it would outlast any Android.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's because of the larger battery capacity, has nothing to do with Android being better battery optimized than WP. You can almost bet that if WP phones had comparable battery sizes it would outlast any Android.

That's a myth that the WP fanboys would love to believe, but is simply not true. Anandtech does some pretty great battery tests and the Lumia 900 (which is the de facto WP flagship) comes out consistently at the bottom. You can check the charts for example here:

AnandTech - HTC One S Review - Battery Life

And no, it's not because of the larger battery capacity. The Nexus has the same battery capacity as the Lumia 900.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a myth that the WP fanboys would love to believe, but is simply not true. Anandtech does some pretty great battery tests and the Lumia 900 (which is the de facto WP flagship) comes out consistently at the bottom. You can check the charts for example here:

AnandTech - HTC One S Review - Battery Life

And no, cause of the larger battery capacity. The Nexus has the same battery capacity as the Lumia 900.
dude why the **** are you here?

Last edited:

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
dude why the **** are you here?

To participate in the discussion with real facts and opinions that are based on the reality of things.

And to correct all the nonsense you guys keep making up. I wouldn't have to do that if you weren't posting stuff that is simply not true or offensive to other members of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99