WP8 Advantages Over Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
OK guys..I'm a practically a nobody here. But can we please stop with all the aggression, flak, sarcasm, anger, hate speeches..please it's a genuine request. I love this place and I really appreciate everyone's perspective...but stop attacking each other.
You have to understand that half of the things are speculations. The other half are just unconfirmed rumors. Not one single official word is out yet as to what or how the devices will be. So its practically pointless in fighting over it.

Secondly, the Android/iOS vs WP war is also childish in my opinion. All three platforms are great in its own right. What an iPhone can do an Android can't. And what an Android can WP can't. And vice versa x 2. :p

So please guys. Sincere request, let harmony prevail.

Cheers!

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
OK guys..I'm a practically a nobody here. But can we please stop with all the aggression, flak, sarcasm, anger, hate speeches..please it's a genuine request. I love this place and I really appreciate everyone's perspective...but stop attacking each other.
You have to understand that half of the things are speculations. The other half are just unconfirmed rumors. Not one single official word is out yet as to what or how the devices will be. So its practically pointless in fighting over it.

Secondly, the Android/iOS vs WP war is also childish in my opinion. All three platforms are great in its own right. What an iPhone can do an Android can't. And what an Android can WP can't. And vice versa x 2. :p

Cheers!

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

I also would like some folks to chill out with such remarks, but it's not going to happen unless a moderator gets involved and even still...it will happen. Some people have STRONG opinion about a device they use, despise, previously owned, etc. It's a public forum and some people choose to vent their frustrations here. To me it grants way to some healthy debate, but it also tends to drift from the subject matter of the original post.

All I am saying is, don't waste your breathe. lol. Leave it to the mods. They are decent at what they do at times.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Cheers!

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.
It's always the way with threads like these though, I do my best to avoid them if possible.

My perspective on the argument is that by the end of the year there will be very little to differentiate between the platforms in terms of OS features and hardware components. It will be hardware and software design and app/developer support that differentiates the three platforms.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
1. You are stating that Google docs doesn't have the same amount of support that SkyDrive does, which is what I originally said.
Google Docs has superior collaboration features compared to SkyDrive. That's what I initially said. I also initially said that Google Docs supports Office Documents just fine, you just have to do what every other moderately intelligent person does and NOT use the sketchy (in terms of 3rd party support) Office Open XML format files. Microsoft tweaks that every office version, while the Binary .DOC format has been relatively stable from Office 97 to 2003. Most Online and Offline 3rd party office suites support that pretty much flawlessly. If you want I can YouTube Google Docs exporting a complete .DOC to Google Docs format for Editing and some of the Collaboration Features.

The crux of your argument was that you uploaded a .DOCX and Google Docs failed on it. Well, no ****. If you tried to open that in LibreOffice or a dozen other office documents there would likely be some differences as well. Everyone in the know knows this.

That is why Corporations standardize their office suites. When uploading to cloud services and sharing with other people in the real world you should typically share in a format that is more universally supported. DOC > DOCX (PPT > PPTX, XLS > XLSX, and Photos should be in JPEG format because some people's devices may or may not have issues with PNGs although scanned Documents are often sent in TIFF).

2. I'm pretty sure music unlimited is a subscription service too. If they don't allow streaming then that doesn't make them better or more value than Zune pass. Zune still allows you to purchase music without a subscription as well. If I was with those other services and listening to music as much as I do I would've been bankrupt alot sooner. The amount of songs I listen to with my Zune pass by streaming or downloading far surpasses the cost of the Zune pass $45 or $30 for 3 months. If I were to buy every single one of those songs on the other services which don't allow free streaming or downloads I would've spent far more than $45 in the 3 month period. This also excludes the music videos, I'm sure you'd have to pay for each one too similar to how Zune used to be before the NXE update.

You completely missed the point. It's like you didn't even try... Go back and reread our little exchanges. I'm done with you.

I love how you ask a question, get a response (that proves you wrong), completely ignore it and go off on a[nother] tangent...

Music Unlimited allows you to purchase music without a subscription. I've said this multiple times. It also allows you to preview tracks (30 seconds) without a Subscription.

It allows you to Play Artist-based Radio Stations, has a feature similar to Smart DJ called SenseMe. It allows you to cache Music and Playlists offline like Zune Pass does.

For Music, Music Unlimited costs the same as Zune Pass. No, they don't do music videos, but 90% of the people I know don't care to pay to stream anything they can get for free from/via/through their phone's YouTube App (cause 90% of the time they're there) or VEVO. The Music Videos on Zune Pass are almost ignorable as an advantage over any other service, and came at the expense of giving up 10 free tracks a month which IMO isn't not a worthy compromise.

Did you even click on the link to clue yourself in on the service before you spouted this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre