Me Tile Notifications, Cant get FB Pics

m0scs

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I have noticed this from yesterday. I receive a notification on my Me Tile of new pics posted by friends but when I go to view them get a message

"Cant get picture. It may be connection issue (you can try again later). Someone elses picture? It may be an issue with their privacy settings"

Never had this issue before and on going into the Poeple Hub the pictures are not showing their either. No issues on the FB app or with text update notifications from the Me Tile which are discplayed as normal.

Anyone else had this isse or have a solution?

Cheers

UPDATE

Seems that uninstalling and reinstalling the facebook account resolves the problem, well for me anyway, although this didnt work yesterday!!

Last edited:

Nitrolx

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having this problem on Lumia 800.

I only got the phone yesterday though so it has always been this way for me. I didn't have any previous experience of it working to say whether it was a new problem or this feature has never worked.

Every photo I go to in the notifications section of the Me tile gives that error. (on Facebook pics, I don't use twitter).

m0scs

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this problem on Lumia 800.

I only got the phone yesterday though so it has always been this way for me. I didn't have any previous experience of it working to say whether it was a new problem or this feature has never worked.

Every photo I go to in the notifications section of the Me tile gives that error. (on Facebook pics, I don't use twitter).
Hi Nitrolx

No its only appeared as a problem for me since yesterday, no previous issues with my HD7 for the last 18 months. I expect it has something Facebook has changed at its end, although its strange its only affecting viewing pictures and not general facebook status updates

m0scs

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This issue is a strange one. If I go into my people hub and select the friend who posted the pics and look at whats new just for them, the pics can be seen?

Nitrolx

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine are notifications of comments on my own photos, so they are photos i've posted to my own wall, so there shouldn't be any permission issues there??

Same error for each one. Can't get picture.

Andie102

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same for me. Recently changed fb password so thought it was that. Been driving me crazy. Also seems to be a glitch with notifications. All work ok on the people hub but not on me tile

nogaranob

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Guess a lot of people are having the same issue. I got crazy that I couldn't make it work. I even did a hard reset so I lost all my apps, messages, photos, music, videos. Had to sync everything again. Even checked my FB and Windows Live permissions and allowed everything. Still it was a no go. It was so frustrating. :mad:

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Facebook seemed to be having problems all over the place. Couldn't access on my pc either seems to work this a.m., links from FB not so good. Damn their servers are slow.

chataddicted

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have noticed this from yesterday. I receive a notification on my Me Tile of new pics posted by friends but when I go to view them get a message

"Cant get picture. It may be connection issue (you can try again later). Someone elses picture? It may be an issue with their privacy settings"

Never had this issue before and on going into the Poeple Hub the pictures are not showing their either. No issues on the FB app or with text update notifications from the Me Tile which are discplayed as normal.

Anyone else had this isse or have a solution?

Cheers
same problem here... dont worry dear. probably this is world wide problem for windows phone. you hv 2 wait. these problem may be solved after some time automatically. plz dont delet or formate anything.... it will solve automatically... :confused:

usacic

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been having the same issues, I talked to ATT and they dont seem to have any idea of whats going on (they are actually sending me a new phone).

The issue is NOT device specific, I have a Samsung Focus, a Focus S and the Nokia Lumia 900 and they area all sporting that issue. I did a Factory reset on my Lumia and no results, I started my Focus S and did all the initial setup from a fresh start and the issue was there. I use my focus as a back up and it also didnt work.

Hopefully they will be able to fix it soon Because my me tile is the one I use the most.

Last edited:

richmed

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This is annoying.... we need to get this to work as it is the main feature of Windows Phone.
If these issues continue, the confidence in Windows Phone will be near 'death' for the next deployment. Please GET ON IT!
:mad:

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me yesterday on my Lumia 900. I thought is it was I had coincidentally "locked down" my FB privacy settings, but looks like a universal issue. Mine is back to normal, notifications and pictures both working.

m0scs

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine wasn't working until I removed and re added my Facebook account and now it seems to be working again now???
Hi Nitrlx

I tried removing FB account and reinstalling yesterday but no joy, just tried it again today and it has fixed the problem and now able to see pics others post from my Me Tile. Suggest everyone with this problem also tries this.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nitrlx

I tried removing FB account and reinstalling yesterday but no joy, just tried it again today and it has fixed the problem and now able to see pics others post from my Me Tile. Suggest everyone with this problem also tries this.

I've had this problem for a few days. I deleted and re-added my FB account today and it worked. Thanks!

Andie102

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't reinstalled FB but me tile now fully functional. Seems to have been resolved. Irritating to not know exactly what the issue was tho.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
ooohhhhh, u guys have a fix :) i've had this for a couple days now and didn't even think to check the forums, i'll try that when i get home

just curious, any one tried to just resync fb instead?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3