WTF Microsoft Upgraded My Hotmail To Outlook Automatically

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I logged into my hotmail and now im greeted to the message that they upgraded my account to outlook without me doing so.

I had already made a alias for when I was ready to upgrade and I was going to switch my email to my alias when I upgraded now it appears im out of luck

So did they wipe out my chances of upgrading and changing the email address? Did they cut my SkyDrive from 25gbs to 7?

wTf has this happened to anybody else? Did my app purchases on wp7 transfer over ??

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I logged into my hotmail and now im greeted to the message that they upgraded my account to outlook without me doing so.

I had already made a alias for when I was ready to upgrade and I was going to switch my email to my alias when I upgraded now it appears im out of luck

So did they wipe out my chances of upgrading and changing the email address? Did they cut my SkyDrive from 25gbs to 7?

wTf has this happened to anybody else? Did my app purchases on wp7 transfer over ??
Take a deep breath, step away from the computer and take another deep breath...

Have you actually tried to email anyone yet? Your email didn't change.

You merely got the "Outlook.com look" and that is as far it will go. They will never change your email address. Read the fine print (actually, it's not really fine, it's pretty huge). You can even change back to the old look.

To see how much SkyDrive space you still have, you could, you know, just log into SkyDrive as it says it in the Left hand pane. My bet? You still have 25GB.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
just got to my home laptop to check I still have my 25 gbs and tested my email it still says hotmail lol thanks. I was checking from my phone the hotmail site wouldn't load and it said we've upgraded your account for u I was pissed. So i should be able to still switch once wp8 comes hopefully, Thanks again

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife's hotmail switched to the outlook version a few minutes ago, so I had to talk her through it, so don't feel bad, you're not the only one surprised by the change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros